Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
2012 CBR 1000RR
26 Posts
Just got my ECU flashed and was told I now needed to clog the pair valve with a marble so no air is going in the box and the ECU can read the correct fuel/air, or something like that. I do not care to remove the pair valve system or use block off plates. Is the big hose in this picture going from the front of air box along the right side the one I need to put the marble in?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Just got my ECU flashed and was told I now needed to clog the pair valve with a marble so no air is going in the box and the ECU can read the correct fuel/air, or something like that. I do not care to remove the pair valve system or use block off plates. Is the big hose in this picture going from the front of air box along the right side the one I need to put the marble in?

I can't tell if OP is trolling or serious.

·
2012 CBR 1000RR
26 Posts
I can't tell if OP is trolling or serious.
Sorry, I've never worked on a motorcycle to this extent, this may be easy for you if you've done this for years but this is the first bike I got that I want to do it myself rather than someone else or a shop so this is all new to me. Is there a problem with me asking a question about this mod?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sorry, I've never worked on a motorcycle to this extent, this may be easy for you if you've done this for years but this is the first bike I got that I want to do it myself rather than someone else or a shop so this is all new to me. Is there a problem with me asking a question about this mod?
No, no problem. But based on what you said either the guy that flashed your bike doesn't know what he's talking about or you misunderstood what he said. The suggestion to use a marble is comical. Anyway, doing the PAIR mod is only needed if the bike is going to be tuned. If your bike was given a generic flash you could just stop there. If a tune was included as part of your flashing and that is still owed to you or you want to pay to have a dyno tune done you need to do the PAIR mod, no way around it.

·
#Vietnam
107 Posts
For the bypass caps, are they 5/8" ID or OD? Thanks!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts