Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 months to go! Who's goin?!

This year, decided to fly down (that 30 hour round-trip drive is for the birds). Flyin down Thursday mornin July 2. Coming home Monday July 6.
Stayin at the Motel6 in Marina. And you already know me and the Mrs up in the Vee-Eye at the track.

:clap:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Woo Hoo! I'm going too. We just got a place in Salinas locked down last night. I'm gonna ride down and pick up the better half in either SF or San Jose.

Did anybody get in on that Marriott deal they were offering in the Corkscrew newsletter? I just saw that last night and it had ended on 3/27. $200 a night for three nights, but right there where the action's at in a schmancy hotel. That ain't a whole lot more than we're paying to stay in Salinas.

I'm working on planning my trip down the coast. I want to take a leisurely 3 days and maybe hit Happy Camp and anything else interesting on the way. I'm thinking maybe camping or something cheap for lodging. There was a cabin I found online in Cape Blanco, OR for a reasonable price, but I need to call and get the real scoop. If I can find semi-primitive stuff like yurts along the way I wouldn't have to pack a tent and hopefully still save some dough.

I'm gonna ride down again even if it half kills me. I ain't no spring chicken but I'm a long way from decrepit. I'm planning on a throttle lock to help out and maybe a crampbuster too. I wish I could afford to set it up with convertibars

If anybody else is riding down from the Seattle area it would be awesome to have some company.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
laguna 09

i will be arriving wednesday and occupying the same campsite that is reserved in my name every year. #413 on the fence outside turn 9 at bottom of corkscrew. i will have my 33' motorhome. if anybody is looking for a place to stay on site, i have put a classified ad in the for sale area, i can supply a tent, clean nice sleeping bag and everything you need including excellent food, unlimited cold drinks, shade, chairs. ride your bike and the only thing you will need is a ticket and toothbrush, park your bike at the campsite and no worries

·
Registered
8 Posts
Arriving on friday morning, setting camp at archery and its off to the track. I will have extra room for anyone who wants to throw down a tent if they alow it. It will only be two of us at the site and i belive they said we can have up to eight people on site. If anyone has any tips or tricks for the weekend please let me know.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm going, but I'm pretty new. Never met anyone yet :)

The track is about 2 hours from my house so I'll be driving.

·
08 phantom special edtion
234 Posts
Independence day @ Laguna Motogp

Ill be riding down there from the bay area on Friday with a group of riders. We are staying in salinas. I forget the name of the Hotel. We should have a meet-up spot for 1000rr.net members at a certain time. Meet n greet, BS and drinks :thumbsup: :popcorn2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Decent sized group headed up from SD Thursday morning, into the twisties for the entire day. Into Pismo Beach Thursday night and hooking up with the rest of our posse coming down from the bay area, up the 1 Friday morning into Monterey. Staying at the Hotel Intercontinental on Cannery Row. Headed back to SD Monday morning.

·
Custom User Title
1,094 Posts
I'm going, be there all weekend. I'll definitely be at the Repsol Gathering at El Torito on Cannery Row on Saturday night if anyone wants to meet up. :)

·
9-11 NEVER FORGET!!
1,742 Posts
3 days and a wake up. work gonna go sssslllllloooooowwww this week.

:(
Damn i havent heard that expression in a while..............
I will be there friday morning with the wife and my buddy and his wife, turn 4 first row. damn time has really moved by since 2005, shit this makes #4.
post up a place to meet if you want a group get together.
Patrick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts