Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some gutless piece of sh!t ripped off my CBR.

Happened when I came home for lunch last week. In an underground, secured lot, patroled by security. Had a krypto disc lock on it so it was a pickup and run. Either it's an inside job or they had a code grabber so they could get in and out through the gates.

Apparently this has been an issue with new bikes in my area the past few months according to the cops/security people.

Thank god for full insurance. Getting a big check and then I will get another 1krr. But for all you guys in the San Diego area with new CBR's pay extra attention to where you leave your bike and if you can try and secure it to an immovable object. My next one will be lashed to a concrete pillar with 3 krypto chains plus a motion sensing alarm/pager combo. Sucks that now I have to start the break-in process all over again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ohh sucks bro... where do you live in san diego? I live in UTC area. My apartment doesnt have covered parking or even gated... so i store my bike at public storage for 90 bucks a month 5'x15' got two bikes in there though. The only thing is that i have to bring it back to storage before 7 pm everynight. :shock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that! The best you can hope for is that if they ride it they crash and get seriously hurt. A friend had a VFR back when they first came out, that was stolen. Police found it within 15 miles of his house crashed in the ditch. Blood was all over the bike. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
heres a good stolen bike story

when i was in the q-course I had my 1994 cbr 900 stolen the same day as my trauma test(huge hard test). well i failed....

the guy who stole it were in the air force. One died and the other got arrested

the one who got arrested basically got off free...didnt even have to pay me a dime

I got the bike back 2.5 years later and completely rebuilt it

moral of story:

part a: dont get to wrapped around your bike cause it could be gone in an instant

part b: our criminal justice system sucks

part c: it can be rebuilt no matter what

part d: death to those who steal bikes

·
Registered
502 Posts
bro... where do you live? i lived in san diego last year and my 954 rr was ganked from an underground parking garage too.. i lived in the hardy aztec campus apartments ... right next to SDSU.

my car stereo got jacked when i visiting my friends too from the collwood apartments off of montezuma.....

san diego sucks, fucking mexicans gank all the shit and bring it across the border cause its only 20 minutes away.

i kryptonite chain my 1K RR to my car now.

oh yeah.... i had my bike in san diego for ONLY 6 FUCKING DAYS before it was stolen.... i think it was an inside job.

G

·
It sounds like I will never leave my bike alone in SD.

Sorry to hear that your bike got jacked though. I hope someday that the bike theives are found by the wrong peope, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I was just thinking who would be the fisrt to get jacked for their bike. i just finished bolting mine to the floor. I'm goin to get another chain so i cam bolt the front as well. I do have 3 locks on my garage and someone is always home.but you never know. Once a gain sorry to hear that

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a happy note to update this tragic story. Picked up my new baby yesterday! :rocker:

Silver and black, great deal again and so friggin' stoked. Tucked away in a 24 hour armed response private storage area until I move into my new pad with the a private garage in about 2 weeks. So glad to have the bike back, now to countdown for Seca and get those break in miles put on fast!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The best option for you is a Scorpio alarm with the pager. I had one on my 929 and it worked perfectly. I kept it parked in an enclosed storage unit, but many days it was just in the parking lot at my apartment. I installed one LED below the seat on each side, no one ever touched it. That with a concealed carry permit (I know it's near impossible to get one in Cali) made me feel very safe. Instead of "I hope" they don't try and steal my bike it became "I wish a motherf**ker would try" and steal my bike :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not to burst any bubbles here guys, but those of you bragging about your Kryptonite cables........ don't get real comfortable. Those things take all of about 3 seconds to remove with a set of cable shears that can be bought at any Home Depot. Ask me how I know and I'll show you the 2 halves of mine when my old Tri-Z got jacked out of my back yard. If someone is taking the time to LOOK for bikes to steal, they have the shears with them. Just a little heads up.

Bug

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.