Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CBR4LIFE
27 Posts
Not all of them do. Oil problem is relegated to certain serial numbers. At least thats what I was told. As long as you perform your pre-ride inspection and have money to buy oil, then its not a problem.

·
TEAM GAAAD!!!
2,087 Posts
broke mines in according to HONDA recommendations. and it was puffing smoke on acceleration and decceleration. burned approx..1/2 every 500 miles.. honda approved a piston ring replacement. it was done. broke it in again..(even though i was told i didnt have to) and so far 0ver 500 miles and all is good.. and oh yeah LOVE the motor!!!!!!!!!!!1:thumbsup:

PS. if you didnt have a problem.. dont start to look.. believe me you'll know either some one will tell you like my friends did or you'll notice...if you got a good one. thats great...if you got a bad one.. believe me you dont want to deal with the BS....im no expert but i guess you had someone tell you that they ALL burn oil.. well i have two friends and theirs are fine.. and they have over 6k miles each..so be considered one of the fortunate ones that got what he payed for. i wouldnt come in here and say the experts say that it would burn oil.. fact is it is a touchy subject.. been at it with honda since last october and just recently got the bike back..have fun be happy, YOU GOT WHAT you payed for.. i as well as a few others got the LEMON edition RR's...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Not a drop yet either, Ill be at 6000 by the end of the week. Hitting the twisties in the a.m. plus another week of 87 mile a day commuting. And there does not seem to be a pattern to serial number that anyone can figure out.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
the oil burning issue is just a small percentage of the '08s. you're just rarely going to get a whole thread started by people who don't burn oil.

it's the unhappy people you hear from.

·
MENTAL
150 Posts
the oil burning issue is just a small percentage of the '08s. you're just rarely going to get a whole thread started by people who don't burn oil.

it's the unhappy people you hear from.
Yeah fucking sure. I have a second oil burning cbr in my garage. Every signle one I know who bought one in NZ consumed oil to some extent. My first one burned almost a littre every 1000km, and the new one burns around 400.
I had 6500km on my first one before they took it in, and the new one is at almost 9000km already. Fucking hate it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.