Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took in my new RR for the 600 mile service, and the dealer noticed a rubbing/grinding sound around the throttle cables. they contacted Honda and recommended a swap out, they stated it was not the first time the have seen this issue on this bike. Other bummer, cables are on back order until May 10.

sean

·
Registered
176 Posts
just some advice for some of you guys considering going to the dealer for the 600 mile service....... shop around. If you're lucky every other dealer out there does vary the cost for the initial service. My calling around gave me a range of $90 up to$400. Shopping around definately is worth it. I even had a full synthetic oil change for the $90. The service work description was all the same for all the dealers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ezlyf said:
I even had a full synthetic oil change for the $90. The service work description was all the same for all the dealers.
I was told not to put full synthetic in the motor of a brand new bike. I think the word was 2K miles before putting synthetic in? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Heard that too, dont remember the reasoning though.
Beware when you do switch, because motorcycle transmissions use engine oil synthetic can make the clutch slip.
Anyone know if the 1000RR uses the engine oil or the clutch fluid around the clutch/flywheel?

·
Registered
516 Posts
When you buy the bike have them throw in the 600 mile service for free. All they really do is change the oil, filter and inspect it to make sure things aren't about to fall off. The last 3 bikes I bought new from the dealer I had them throw in the 1st service for free - it's the least they can do.

·
Registered
176 Posts
vigis said:
Heard that too, dont remember the reasoning though.
Beware when you do switch, because motorcycle transmissions use engine oil synthetic can make the clutch slip.
Anyone know if the 1000RR uses the engine oil or the clutch fluid around the clutch/flywheel?[/quote

sorry for this stupid question but, what do you mean by "slip?" not changing gears when shifting? or riding the clutch longer until it engages the gear?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I run synthetic in all of my bikes. You just have to make sure that it is the right viscosity and that on the back of the label it does not say "energy conserving" inside the circle. Hard to explain, but there is a circle on the back label of the jug and it has letters in it that stand for grades or something and if it says energy conserving it can make your clutch slip. I have always heard not to put synthetic in a new engine because it slows down the rate at which the piston rings seat, but after you are satisfied that it is broken in you should be good to go.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Soundls like a good excuse for the HRC 1/6 throttle (or similar)...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ha, didn't notice...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.