Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got this all together. Spent a great day at Daytona in the pits and around the track with full access. Almost nobody there but the Teams testing tires. Met Eric Bostrom briefly - very nice and pleasant guy. Spent about a half hour talking with Roger Lee Hayden - what a great person, the Hayden parents definitely raised their kids right. We talked about the bikes, the circuit, other riders and of course his big brother Nicky. It was a awesome day and if I didn't have to work Monday you know I'd be back.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try, it really sounds amazing in factory race form. First, it's loud - I mean it's loud compared to the other race bikes, it has a sharp raspy punch note. When it hits the rev limiter it sounds like an old tommy gun. Very "ratatat tat crack crack" - the other bikes would backsputter (is that a word?) on the downshift but the 1000RR sounded obviously different.

I sat on the bleachers near the chicane for a little while and the sound was easy to hear from there. Honda's really got a winner here, this bike is brutal.

There was a R1 there also but it didn't look, or go, anywhere near as hot as the RR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you know, i diddn't think you guys actually went. Seeing those pics now i wish i did too. I didnt think we would be allowed in the pits. DAMN YOU!

Good job on the pics... glad you and Jeff had a good time. I would be really pissed about missing it but i had a break through day on the CR... so i can't be bummed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
JetBlast10,
How can you go to this event? Is there a special pass you have to get or are the open to the public?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the 600rr dot net shirt you got on in the first picture.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
uberspeed said:
Would you mind making the pic names something meaningful instead of the default naming convention, chief? :wink:
LOL!!! wait wait wait - LOL again!!!

Black600rr said:
I like the 600rr dot net shirt you got on in the first picture.
That was from our first run of tee shirts - might do another run if demand is high enough but for now there's only about 40 of those running around out there.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Damn, JetBlast10 I just noticed you have an RC-51 and 600rr, and now you want a CBR1K. What are you doing, starting a collection? Are you keeping all of them or selling any off? Sorry for the off topic.

Very nice pics. You lucky bastard!!! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.