Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
261 - 280 of 301 Posts
Do the Auctmarts tank covers not come with the Honda circular decals? They're missing in the pics but are they part of the kit to stick on?

I've seen other sellers supply them already attached

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

I am pretty sure they will include it if you ask them to. I last had my custom logo replace and they did it with no extra cost!!

Do the Auctmarts tank covers not come with the Honda circular decals? They're missing in the pics but are they part of the kit to stick on?

I've seen other sellers supply them already attached

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

I would purchase again...

I was impressed with my kit from Auctmarts. Price and customer service was good and the parts came packed well. The fitment was good. A few of the holes had some paint that I cleaned out. I just took my time and, just to be safe, put DEI heat shield everywhere except the tail and front (headlight) fairings, and heat wrapped the exhaust.

If I were to do it over again, I would probably put some 3M protective tape on the leading edges to prevent the occasional paint chip. It's a pretty inexpensive way to have some fun with your bike. I did snap off a tab that connects the lower to the belly pan when I was changing the oil. I solved by putting a Dzus faster at the bottom of the lower on each side. It worked perfectly and looked good too.

I got a ton of compliments on the scheme, and loved it...until one day at Buttonwillow, when someone blew oil all over the track (or more likely, didn't remove their old oil filter gasket) RIGHT in front of me at about 90mph. Luckily, out of 4 downed riders, no one got hurt.

She'll be back again this season, in track-only form.

Attachments

Hey can you send me a pic of how you fastened the lower cowling with the dzus fastener. I also busted one little tab and now she shimmy's free and pops out and dont look right. I busted one tab on the right fairing that lines up with the bottom cowl. Pre-thanks also.

Jon

Hey can you send me a pic of how you fastened the lower cowling with the dzus fastener. I also busted one little tab and now she shimmy's free and pops out and dont look right. I busted one tab on the right fairing that lines up with the bottom cowl. Pre-thanks also.

Jon
Let me see if I have any pics of the fix...or maybe even still have those crashed parts that I can shoot some detail of. If I don't, I'll draw up a schematic for ya. You do have to push pretty hard to get the D-ring fastener to catch, but it's completely solid once engaged, and actually easier to deal with than worrying about the thin tabs.

FYI, IF you ride in the rain, check your heat shield every so often, as the rain and dirt can weaken the bond on the adhesive heat shielding, and you definitely want that between the exhaust and fairings. I never had any melting issues. Also, IF you wrap your headers/exhaust and ride in the rain, let your bike idle after your ride until steam stops coming from the exhaust wrap so you don't end up rusting your exhaust system over time.

In the meantime, here are a few more from her heyday (but before the Dzus fasteners were added):

Attachments

First time I've been on this forum in a while, figured I'd check back in on the thread. Mine are still looking great, no discoloration I've noticed. We've had some great days but I bought another fun summer toy and it's been my first go-to ride. I'll probably get my first seat time this weekend pending weather.

I used DEI heatshield as well. Added security would be to wrap the headers/exhaust. I wonder if a lot of people having issues have aftermarket headers? Unless ceramic coated, they're likely to run hotter than stock.

After i got a chance to see my Auctmarts kit out in the sun and in the night light O BOY

If you are thinking about getting a kit from Auctmarts

DO IT

Sometime this week i will update my review of them.

I've had mine for 2 years now, all the tabs are breaking off 1 at a time. As they get older they get brittle. It's the lack of fiber fill that the OEM has in it. Would I do it again? Maybe if the price was less than $500 shipped. I'm not disappointed it but they just don't hold up like the OEM. It's a cheaper way to do it but right now it's the only option other than buying new or someone else's used off of eBay. But no melting issues like others have had.

I've had mine for 2 years now, all the tabs are breaking off 1 at a time. As they get older they get brittle. It's the lack of fiber fill that the OEM has in it. Would I do it again? Maybe if the price was less than $500 shipped. I'm not disappointed it but they just don't hold up like the OEM. It's a cheaper way to do it but right now it's the only option other than buying new or someone else's used off of eBay. But no melting issues like others have had.
Are you hard on your bike? And are the inside of the Auctmart fairings stamped with "ABS"? Check out these, let me know what you think of the quality...

Cookie Usage : MotopartsMaxATV Parts & Dirt Bike Parts, Moped Parts Go Kart Parts, Dune Buggy Parts and Accessories

261 - 280 of 301 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.