Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I wanted to relate the story of my dealings with Oren B Silvers.
His address:
Oren B. Silvers INC.:th_down:
*** ***** Street
Lindenhurst, NY. 11757
[email protected]*********.com
[email protected]*******.com
(971)-570-****
The *** is because he has threatened legal action against me for telling the truth

I placed an ad on 3 different boards looking for Orange Repsol rims for my 2007 CBR 1000RR. Oren was the first to respond and offered me his CZ rims that were color matched the best they could but damaged on the edges. I passed but asked him if he had his stock rims. His reply was that he did and they were in perfect condition, wrapped up for protection sitting in his garage. He said he drove home from the dealership 3 miles and removed them. He many times said he really did not want to sell them but would take no less than $600 shipped since they were flawless. I told him I would think about it. I then had another guy with a set with track tires on them offer me his for $400 plus shipping. His had some dings and scratches, so I decided to get the 3-mile ones that were perfect for the extra $200. I e-mailed Oren, and asked him if he would go $500, he said no, so I decided to go ahead with it. I paypaled him $617 (I paid fees) and then got an e-mail that the tires were not included. I looked back and he was right he never said rims and tires, I just made an assumption. So he refunded me my $617.

A week later I was pondering my options about tires and rims and Oren e-mailed that he had other parties local interested but wanted to give me first shot (why he did not sell them local and make more $ as no $67 shipping I do not know). I borrowed some from a roommate and bit the bullet and decided the perfect 3-mile rims were the best option. So I paypaled the money. He said they would go out the next day. Well Next Day turned into Tuesday until I got an e-mail that he was waiting on a special rim box to better protect them. I offered up some ideas of wrapping them with shrinkwrap/saranwrap, then a layer of padding, then more wrap. Kind of like a cocoon. I did not want them getting dinged up at all. Well he e-mailed wed that he hand polished them up and got them packaged and shipped USPS. I received them Friday after going to the post office since he did not put my address on the box correctly. No worries I got them, as the excitement built the rest of the day.

After work I took them home and in front of my roommate opened the box on the kitchen hardwood floor (you can see it in the pictures I took background). I pulled one wrapped rim out and opened it. :cussing: The rims had chips on the edges. I started looking them over and found chips on the inside (showing) surface, some scratches where it looks like different wheel weights were attached (side note my bike had none from the factory??). I then opened the other rim and same thing. WTF were all the dings and chips about? I looked further and found a deep gouge on the inside (non showing surface) in line with chips on the edge. My theory is he used screwdrivers, pry bars, or metal tire spoons, etc to remove the tires himself and chipped the holy living **** out of them.

So I immediately e-mailed him and we have been in an e-mail “battle” back and forth. I told him to refund at least $100 or better yet let me ship them back since “he did not really want to sell them anyway” and get a refund. He will have none of it, and insists the rims were perfect when he boxed them up. I have taken photos of the rims, chips, dings, etc and sent them to him. His reply is that I rolled them around on the ground and chipped up the edges. He said nothing about the dings and chips inside the showing surface of the rim. He now says I am trying to scam him, and pull some crap to get money back from him.

I am not concerned with the non visible stuff when a tire is mounted, but all the visible damage. I have tried to reason with him. I mean why would I spend $200 or so more money to get flawless rims, just so I could receive them, and then ding them up, then try and fight with him and convince him to give me money back??? No one would do this. If I didn’t care about chips I would have bought the $400 ones or another set ( I have 3-4 people that have offered me sets to this point now for less money and most have tires on them). Then I would have saved money. Its does not make any sense that I would intentionally bash them up hoping (no guarantees) to get money back? :huh:

I originally offered him to partially refund a portion like $100 or let me return the rims for a full refund “since he really did not want to sell them anyway”. He says No, and has threatened me with a law suite. What a tool. Over some small crap like this. At this point all I want is a refund. I should have gotten pictures but since he said he was a big time racer and bike Builder in NY and they had 3 miles on them I trusted him. MY BAD. I have all the e-mails from him and me to prove everything, pictures of the rims the day I got them from the box, and I have witnesses that watched me open the box and inspect the rims. Anyway in his e-mails he has several conflicting parts and it catches him lying on more than one occasion.

I can’t believe some douchwaffel would do this to a fellow forum member. It’s sad really that these types of people exist. He has said he will sue me, and if I don’t show up he will get a federal warrant for my arrest to make me come to New York and defend myself. Then put liens against me. What a tool, the federal judicial system does not even handle small claims and tort cases. This guy has no clue…

Anyway you are now informed of my experience from my point and can draw your own conclusions. The above is a truthful recount of what took place. It’s my experience with Oren, nothing more, nothing less. I have nothing to gain from this, but don’t want any other forum members to get taken like I did.:(

Oren if you read this, please provide your side of the story. I welcome your take on this, not that if will differ from what you say to me in private e-mails. Only so that people can have both sides.

Attachments

·
ImFastRR
21,049 Posts
My ex lived in Lindenhurst. . . . . she was hot. . . . not so much anymore

·
"Special ladies are hot"
8,077 Posts
For doing the same crap to people? Any links to these old threads so i can read up on him?

I don't know how much you'll find but do a search for Toptaz. He's be banned from a bunch of sites.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Okay, seeing as he is banned from other sites. And you have all the e mails. Why not Fake fire with fire. He threatens legal action, where he has no back bone for such. So, take legal action against his ass.

Douche bags are everywhere. You just have to learn how to have a good eye out for them.

G luck

·
Fireblade > CBR1000RR
1,310 Posts
My ex lived in Lindenhurst. . . . . she was hot. . . . not so much anymore
Cool, bro.

I don't know how much you'll find but do a search for Toptaz. He's be banned from a bunch of sites.
Oh, yeah??? I remember this name. ..... Was this the guy with hot parts? Or just another scam artist.

O.P. I am sorry for your disappointment. But, apparently you forgot the old adage, "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true."

That's all I got.

·
$8K OTD
154 Posts
If you paypal'ed the money you shouldn't have any problem getting it back. They are usually on the side of the buyer. He can't take any legal action besides small claims and small claims usually will throw it out since its an internet transaction. In any case, make a claim immediately and try to get your money back. At worst he won't be able to open up another paypal account and suffer the consequences :th_down:

·
"Special ladies are hot"
8,077 Posts
Cool, bro.

Oh, yeah??? I remember this name. ..... Was this the guy with hot parts? Or just another scam artist.

O.P. I am sorry for your disappointment. But, apparently you forgot the old adage, "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true."

That's all I got.
Don't know anything about stolen parts per say. Or the scamming part but I do know that he can be quite difficult to deal with.

I've never had any problems with him and I got what I ordered and some but I know quite a few will have something else to say about it.

As far as searching for Toptaz, 48bill is right. You won't find much unless somebody has quoted him before he got banned, otherwise you won't know who posted it. His name is ............. now in red. I forgot that even his name got washed out in the banning.

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
If you paypal'ed the money you shouldn't have any problem getting it back. They are usually on the side of the buyer. He can't take any legal action besides small claims and small claims usually will throw it out since its an internet transaction. In any case, make a claim immediately and try to get your money back. At worst he won't be able to open up another paypal account and suffer the consequences :th_down:
From what I hear paypal doesn't care about the condition of the item, just whether you received it or not. I would definitely file a claim against him through paypal though.

I always wondered what the deal was with the old threads with the banned '........' guy. I kept hearing the name toptaz. From the posts that I saw he was a huge shithead.

·
July 07 BOTM Winner
9,494 Posts
He is a complete asshole.......................I have had dealings with him and he is a snake.
He has been banned so many times, he has threatened everyone and there mother with legal action. Just ask Jim and Brad
He is all talk no bite he has nothing better to do then rip people off and try to log on sites with fake names.
LOSER

·
huh?
2,305 Posts
i just love the fact that B-Rad hit him so hard with the ban hammer his name is now "......"

·
Nerd
526 Posts
This 'toptaz' guy is like Keyser f*cking Söze. Jesus.
Loving this story but bummed for the guy that got scammed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK i just added pictures to my first post at the beginning. I know you guys will love the 3-mile perfection, the fact that he had profesionals remove the rims and Tires (even thought he said he took the rims off when he got home from the dealership 3-miles away). So whats your take? He removed them with a flatblade shovel? I would think if a dealership did it, they have special machines that will not chip up your rims, or else everytime you changed a tire you would f up your rim more.

I am not concerned with a few of them as they will be hidden when the tire is on, but alot of them will show and it pisses me off that i spent extra to get the flawless perfect rims rather than a set that came with tires and had a few dings (none of witch were very bad compared to what i got.).

·
Still here
1,750 Posts
yah looks like he removed them himself and poorly at that, what a tool

1 - 20 of 75 Posts