Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my new to me very low mileage 2021 1000RR-R that there appears to be the tiniest bit of oil on the right side crankcase area, perhaps it's the timing cover or some other cover. Image attached. I cleaned it up when I got the bike and it looks like this after about 100 miles of riding by me.

Attachments

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,092 Posts
I haven't worked on the newer bikes, so I'm not sure if it's an o-ring or some type of sealant. If there's no o-ring then use Loctite 518 to seal the drain plug after cleaning off the stock sealant, which appears yellow in the picture.

I know Honda uses that yellow sealant for the oil pressure sensor bung and oil channel plug in the crankcase. That what it looks like from the residue in the picture.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't worked on the newer bikes, so I'm not sure if it's an o-ring or some type of sealant. If there's no o-ring then use Loctite 518 to seal the drain plug after cleaning off the stock sealant, which appears yellow in the picture.

I know Honda uses that yellow sealant for the oil pressure sensor bung and oil channel plug in the crankcase. That what it looks like from the residue in the picture.
In the service manual both of those covers have an o-ring, I'm going to order them up and install at the first oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts