Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i want to start doing track days, but i would like to go to a good school first. My bud and i were thinking about cornerspeed or ed bargy school.We live in nashville and were thinking of taking conerspeed at barber motorsports,but im not sure, any help or expert advice would be great. :?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
First track day? Don't go to a race school. Try a Pridmore Class, you wont be sorry.

Ernie

·
Registered
178 Posts
There are an increasing number of organizations out there now that specialize in acclimating street riders to the track. NESBA is the first that comes to mind, and probably the best at what they do. Minimum bike prep (tape up lights and turn signals, remove mirrors), leathers (2-piece or 1-piece), boots and gloves and you're good to go.

They'll get you out there in a very non-threatening environment with Control Riders (instructors) that will help you set your own comfortable pace. They'll also assist you with finding the best line around the track, riding techniques, suspension help, just about anything.

I know that they have had several dates already this year at Barber, CMP, VIR and Road Atlanta, so you might want to check them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.