Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Well, my grand plan of storing the HF Trailer fully loaded inside the enclosed was dashed as I saw that the wheels won’t clear the cables. The trailer still MIGHT fit but it would be a hassle for a single person (me) to maneuver alone. I just need a 3rd garage.

It’s also clear to me that although the trailer folds, it wasn’t designed with that as a convenience in mind, only a selling point. It’s not tenable for folding it away after every use and rapid deployment if you use it often.

Again, I’m back to thinking of designing and building my own trailer. I can’t be the only person with this problem.

I’ll use it a year then sell it for what I’ve got invested. I bought 2 removable chocks to add to the trailer bed (maybe I’ll get to that today while I’m keeping an eye on the smoked turkey). Maybe my son and I will ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have one of the HF trailers and never installed the folding wheels and such. I bolted it "open". I never really planned on folding it since it looked like such a pain, but I did cut the top piece of plywood into two halves so if I ever decided to fold it, I could add the folding parts back on.

I also modded it as follows:
2" hitch ball coupler (came with 1 7/8")
Bearing buddies
LED brake/turn lights, amber LED side lights
Eye hooks for tie-downs along sides
Recessed flush-mount D-rings in top plywood
Holes drilled in front middle for motorcycle wheel chock
Relocated license plate to fender (vertically mounted) so it wouldn't drag

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Here’s mine that we took on it’s maiden trip today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Look at pic #5 and just know that's what you'll content with. Wide (and long) ramps are your friend.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Look at pic #5 and just know that's what you'll content with. Wide (and long) ramps are your friend.
Well I doubt the dude in that pic is using engine power and clutch work to get that bike up the ramp. Yes a step will be need to transition into the bed when walking next to it.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
There are all sorts of ways to get it wrong

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sad thing is, last time I loaded my bike into my toy hauler it was slightly wet and I dropped it three times trying to get it in. If I would have had video rolling I could have made those guys look like geniuses.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Upgrading my trailer flooring is on my radar.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
^^This post made me smile

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
What recall? I’ve got one of these too, ya know.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks for the recall, fortunately I don't have those tires. I'm eligible for the trailer light recall, although I never used the originals, went straight to LED's.

·
#1 Hater
130 Posts
so i just picked up a 16x7 enclosed. Its just your basic wood interior but do what i can to make it nicer. i started painting it today, started with base coat of killz and then going to do a white ceiling with gray walls and I got a some dark grey traction paint to put on drop down door. but what i'm really having trouble deciding is what type of flooring i put down? i plan on putting some shelves/cabinets up front (its a v-nose) but wanna get the flooring down first. I was thinking of the adhesive square tiles, that way if one ever rips I just have to replace that piece instead of the whole floor.

just looking for suggestions on what some of you have done.

·
Registered
940 Posts
so i just picked up a 16x7 enclosed. Its just your basic wood interior but do what i can to make it nicer. i started painting it today, started with base coat of killz and then going to do a white ceiling with gray walls and I got a some dark grey traction paint to put on drop down door. but what i'm really having trouble deciding is what type of flooring i put down? i plan on putting some shelves/cabinets up front (its a v-nose) but wanna get the flooring down first. I was thinking of the adhesive square tiles, that way if one ever rips I just have to replace that piece instead of the whole floor.

just looking for suggestions on what some of you have done.
I found some rubber flooring on Craigslist (used). I don't remember if I glued it or there were enough places to use the existing metal edging to hold it without glue. You can get it new but it's pretty pricey.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts