Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CBR1000RR Repsol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cable is routed properly and the action is smooth. It just takes a ton of effort that wears out my hand and arm within about 20 minutes of riding in moderate traffic. I've owned many other sport bikes and have never had this issue.

Is it possible the PO added additional springs in the clutch to intentionally create this very heavy pull?

Is this something a dealer could sort out for me?

Still learning the platform, but am 100% positive this is not how the clutch lever is supposed to feel. It's brutal. I would say (estimating) the force is similar to one of those grip trainers with the two plastic handles that you squeeze together.

Thanks.

·
A1 SuperMod!
1,098 Posts
Hard to tell without trying it out. Is it hard to pull or is it hard to hold once pulled or is it both? If its hard to pull and hard to hold once pulled it means the springs are heavier than stock. Otherwise, its a needle bearing, cable, lever, or other excess friction issue.

·
Registered
2009 CBR1000RR Repsol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely hard to pull and hard to hold once pulled. It's the heaviest lever I've experienced on any bike. I'm not sure why the PO would have wanted lever action like this...

·
Registered
2009 CBR1000RR Repsol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, here are some pictures of the lever, and the cable adjuster and the actuator on the arm on the right crank case.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive design Motor vehicle Material property Vehicle Automotive exterior

Lever out position:
Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part Automotive design Rim

Lever pulled position:
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Bicycle part Bumper

·
Registered
2009 CBR1000RR Repsol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have any old left hand injuries. I was taking a medication that listed muscle weakness as a possible side effect, but again, comparing it to other I've bikes I've owned, I'd say the pull force in this case is unreasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe grab a 150mm steel ruler and go to some bike shops measuring the aproximate distance from the centre of cable to the centre of the silver screw, the shorter the distance/the easier the pull.
But it reduces the 'throw' of the clutch which could create a slip or grab depending on the adjustment screw.
I could imagine a dirt bike lever might be the trick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts