Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have some numbers and an idea on this bikes true potential once derestricted!

This is copied from the BT Moto website

The graphs below represents a 2021 HONDA CBR1000RR-R SP1 with an aftermarket exhaust and air filter. You can see the power get extremely “jerky” in the low and mid-range RPM. If you look at the below power graph you can clearly see the issue. Without proper tuning the AFR (air/fuel ratio) spikes to 16:0:1 (with AIS clamped). Something this lean (lack of proper fueling) is actually harmful to your motorcycle and may damage engine components after extended use. The Honda in particular is EXTREMELY sensitive to fuel changes, up or down and drastically reduces or adds power based off its fuel mixture.
Test bike: 2021 Honda CBR1000RR-R SP
Owner: 650ib
Modifications
: P08 Filter/Akrapovic header

Graph 1 (Stock Tuning):
Below is the stock dyno chart for US and EURO. The bike runs a 16:0:1 to 15:0:1 AFR (air/fuel ratio) mixture with these Akrapovic header modifications on the factory map and knocks / pings as a result in the bottom end of the RPM range. Increasingly more runs and heat will make the bottom even worse as it lost more power every run and struggled to pass 6,000RPM without an audible misfire. This is the best cold run we could produce on our in-house Dynojet. Peak numbers mean very little here because of the large bottom end losses.

US STOCK: 167whp / 75wtq
EURO STOCK: 188whp / 80wtq

Graph 2 (US vs Stage 1 Tuning):
Below is the US stock dyno chart vs our tune file for pump gas. The bikes mixtures were corrected to make power and peak performance, throttle was de-restricted, timing was optimized, and the rev limiter was slightly raised. This bike is 4 mode tuned Alpha-N from idle to redline at all throttle positions. Most importantly the top speed limiter of 182MPH (which includes all Euro bikes as well) was removed so the bike can make use of 5th and 6th gear where it normally topped out at the top of 4th.
The engine no longer struggles and makes consistent power, over and over at this level.

US STOCK: 167whp / 75wtq
BT MOTO STAGE 1: 196whp / 82wtq

Graph 3 (EURO vs Stage 1 Tuning):
Below is the EURO stock dyno chart vs our Stage 1 tuning. The EURO bike still runs a 16:0:1 to 15:0:1 AFR mixture with the Akrapovic header modifications on the factory map and knocks / pings as a result in the bottom end of the graph. Increasingly more runs and heat will make the bottom even worse and it lost more power every run, struggling to pass 6,000RPM without an audible misfire. There are a bunch of changes in the European model, but what most people are interested is the European throttle is 100% open past 9,500. The European models have an even lower speed limiter than the US bikes! Now don’t be fooled, this has its own set of issues so this is barely an upgrade for the US bikes. We will offer an EU file with our changes as well, most importantly the top speed portion and fueling.

EURO STOCK: 188whp / 80wtq

Graph 4 (VP MR12 Testing):
Below is the stock dyno chart vs. our tune file for pump gas vs. our tune file for VP MR12. The bikes mixtures were corrected to power making levels for MR12, nothing else was changed for now and these were the natural gains showing the bike is octane rated.

BT MOTO STAGE 1 WITH VP MR12: 206whp / 87wtq
US Stock Tuning: 167whp / 75wtq

All in-house testing performed with 93 octane pump gas, unless otherwise stipulated. Different modifications and dynometers may make different power. Usage of a lower octane will yield smaller power gains. All power is measured from the wheel and not the crankshaft, whp (wheel horsepower) and wtq (wheel torque)

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
Is BrenTuning legit? I've seen where they've been the butt of many jokes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is BrenTuning legit? I've seen where they've been the butt of many jokes.
nothing released for the cbr but they’re the only option for the new s1000rr and everyone seems to love the flash for it.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
nothing released for the cbr but they’re the only option for the new s1000rr and everyone seems to love the flash for it.

Somebody made a fake page blasting them, but it's been taken down and this is the only image I could find.

The original title was: "Want to lose a race? BrenTuningMoto is your shop"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 261931

Somebody made a fake page blasting them, but it's been taken down and this is the only image I could find.

Probably sued for libel if it’s down now and hard to find haha. You’ll always find haters but if you look at what people say, it’s overwhelmingly positive.

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
Probably sued for libel if it’s down now and hard to find haha. You’ll always find haters but if you look at what people say, it’s overwhelmingly positive.
From what I gather, serious racers had unsatisfactory performance and poor customer support.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I gather, serious racers had unsatisfactory performance and poor customer support.
Interesting as that’s the first I’ve publicly heard of this. Anyone I can contact to verify this? Anything I look up for their tuning is happy track and drag racers. BT also has world records for the S1000RR so it’s hard to believe that the tune falls short. Any links to verified customers?

Correct me if I’m wrong but this is a Honda forum and we’re talking about power numbers but you’re talking about aprilia troll posts and customer support?

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong but this is a Honda forum and we’re talking about power numbers but you’re talking about aprilia troll posts and customer support?
It seemed to be the consensus of track only guys riding and racing a variety of manufacturers on a private facebook page based around COTA. I'm just asking questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seemed to be the consensus of track only guys riding and racing a variety of manufacturers on a private facebook page based around COTA. I'm just asking questions.
I understand. I’m seeing the opposite and I’ve been a customer myself in the past with s1000rr tuning. Very pleased with the product and service. I’ve never seen posts from track guys bad mouthing it myself. Can’t even find posts about it at cota.

Now that we moved passed that, do you think the CBR is capable of these numbers? Or the bike isn’t this potent and it’s smoke and mirrors?

·
Registered
193 Posts

Sounds like hearsay, if you’ve never used them, while the op has, with success.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can't argue with 196 wheel on pump gas! That's really good for a Honda! (y) (y)

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
Can’t even find posts about it at cota.
Yup, because the posts were from a private facebook page with 2.2K members
Now that we moved passed that, do you think the CBR is capable of these numbers? Or the bike isn’t this potent and it’s smoke and mirrors?
I don't know if BrenTuning's numbers are legit or not. Try them out on your CBR and let us know.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The dyno results for the RR-R don't sound terribly unreasonable to me, but I would be hesitant after reading what Bevo shared.

You can't fault anyone for questioning a bike (the BMW) getting an extra 40hp (over a 20% increase!) from a flash (aside from cases like the RR-R that was nerfed) on a factory bike that's old and stretched... Even without the context I would be skeptical as others were.

The way you're responding makes you seem really defensive like you work for them or are buddies with them.

Anyway, any additional news on the RR-R flashing is good to hear. I'm glad the power delivery can be easily smoothed-out. I will be using an alternative to flash my RR-R, but will keep an eye on the competitors as well. If there's one thing Honda can do well -- it's build small displacement engines that can reliably produce a bit of power.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
this is great news, now we have two tuners in the mix, thank goodness for the tech geeks out there

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am not hear to bash Bren tuning, but I was less than happy with the ecu flash I purchased and the customer service that followed, that was on a Panigale. I really dislike spending twice on the same thing, but ended up swapping to a complete rapidbike set up and was quite happy. But what he has done looks promising for sure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just the messenger. I don't have an opinion on BrenTuning
If you're just the messenger, who's the one telling you to post? If it's just a figure of speech then you would be objective. You pulled a screenshot from what looks like years ago and has been passed around more than a drunk girl at a frat house from the pixelation I'm seeing on the image. The comment itself is obviously a joke as I don't know any bike with a 10ft stretch or any attempt to "lock peewee herman's bicycle". lol

If you have anything relevant to the topic, great. Searching years back for one screenshot of a joke comment to a completely unrelated bike, from someone that was never a customer isn't objective. The more you comment, the more I'm seeing a definite narrative and it isn't neutral. Maybe you work for a competitor of theirs?

If you think their bikes don't make power then maybe you can explain why they have the world record in multiple categories for the S1000RR? This isn't verified by just them. You can pull up magazine articles.

I'd like to stay on topic, if that's ok. Or is your point that flashing doesn't make and can't make power on the CBR? Maybe there's no helping it? It's a little embarrassing to get beat by 600's up to about 150mph so I really don't like to accept that this is it. Especially with the AFR at 17.0 in a lot of spots, the bike bucks and jerks, it lays over on power and feels like it's dying at lower RPM's. You can even see the Euro file makes more power with the same engine so it leads me to believe there's hope with flashing. 650ib's bike is the one on the dyno sheets and I'm sure he'll have a full video review with before and after (I hope).

·
Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
3,213 Posts
Do you believe there's any hope for the new CBR with tuning?
I believe it's possible to program Euro/UK spec characteristics into a US bike. FYI, I'm not employed by anyone or any organization even remotely related to the automotive or motorcycle industry.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts