Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think my friend got screwed on a purchase... is it possible to have the ohlins 25mm cartridge with the stock upper cap?

he claims that they have the 25mm kit but the caps and everything else looks completely stock except for 2 ohlins stickers.

also, same for the rear shock. looks just like a stock one with a sticker on it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Your friend got screwed. The forks could have the 20mm kit in them and the shock could have been revalved with Ohlins stuff, but I am pretty sure he just lost a shit load of money.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so with the 20mm kit, it re-uses the OEM fork cap? also what is involved in re-valving a rear shock?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
so with the 20mm kit, it re-uses the OEM fork cap? also what is involved in re-valving a rear shock?
Yes the 20mm kit reuses the OEM fork caps, the 25mm cartages uses Ohlins caps. Almost no one revalves a stock shock, but it can be done. Revalving the shock is like revalving the forks, you disassemble it and use after markets valves and shims, put it back together, and usually one would also optimize the spring rate by replacing it with an aftermarket spring that is sprung for the riders weight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help sixer

·
"Special ladies are hot"
8,066 Posts
I got the 20mm kit and yes it used the stock caps.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Even I know this one. Just a set of 07 forks MINT with Ohlins 25mm cartridges.......Sweet!!!!! Thanks Again Tony.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.