Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I ordered an Underslung brake mounting bracket and a CNC Brembo caliper to go with it.
It is supposed to bolt right up and work well after bleeding. It retains the ABS sensor so no messing around with a klugy mount. The caliper is two pistons instead of the stock one in the Nissin caliper and has the bleed screw proper positioned so it is on top of the caliper after mounting. Some has the bleeder at the bottom and harder to get all the air out.

So what does this buy me? A clean MotoGP look and a little better braking, maybe. It doesn't save any weight and it lowers the CG only a very very small amount. So why spend a lot of money on it. Because I WANTED it. :)

I will post pics when done and how it feels on a ride later.

This may be to compensate for having to cancel a Titax wheel order. After 10 months of the factory lying to the distributor, one broken promise after another, I gave up on lighter wheels, the stock '17 wheels are pretty good. If I ever get the urge again I will probably go with some BST CF or other forged aluminum wheel.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wheels, they have been wanting me to purchase some for my 2021 Fireblade..

look forward to see your underslung brembo, I am running the hel billet underslung, since they match my front Hel calipers. cant say it does much but look cooler, and not every cbr is equipped this way.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard of others having trouble with Titax not delivering but I thought that was in the past. But I was wrong.

The Dog does indeed raise the CG by a fair amount. He is an 18 pound Barkarainian with claws like an Eagle. :)

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brake parts were delivered today. Cool looking tech.
Bicycle part Wood Tool Bicycle drivetrain part Auto part

And I went a little crazy and ordered a set of BST Tek 7 wheels. Since I will need a new rear sprocket I might as well do the 520 chain conversion. Expensive toys. 😉

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello Folks,

if you are interested, i made a small series of underslung for brembo p2. I hope they are finished in about 3-4 Weeks
Made out of 7075 billet
Made in Germany
they can be personalised
availabe in black and silver hard anodized

I will show you pictures, when the first series is available.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn't say for which year bike, and will it retain the ABS wheel speed sensor?

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That what I thought but didn't want to ass-u-me. :)
So I paid $150 for mine, I think it was also made in Germany, sold through SBU. So what are you asking for yours?

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You KNOW is it from Taiwan? How?
Doesn't matter, my favorite machine shop is in Guangzhou. They machine, finish, and black hard anodize Audio Preamp chassis for me. They do beautiful work. A front or rear panel with lots of machine work, in a single piece is $150 USD, 2 each drops to $100, at least a third of what the local machine shops want. I spec the parts in 6061 aluminum, it is more than strong enough for the brake bracket use, anything more is overkill, but if it is your bike there is no such thing as overkill. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
And yes you are right....it's maybe an overkill.
But some people buy carbon wheels, like you and me, titanium bolts and a lot of overkill stuff.

But having is always better then needing :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks good, but get some new lines and route them differently..

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New Brake lines, as in Braided Stainsteel over telfon tubing? That's the next step, but route it differently? This is the stock line directly from the master to the caliper, stock routing was to turn up and behind the swingarm, with the caliper in the low slung configuration I don't see any other way to route it. Ideas?

·
#1 Hater
150 Posts
I don't believe there is a wrong way to route the line.... but must route the line this way, and I do agree it is probably the best way to do it. This is my setup on my 954, using the stock line holders. I did have the line zip tied to the inside of the swingarm for a few weeks so the line could take proper shape. I removed the zip tie and the line stayed where I wanted it to. I used string to measure out the length and got the proper fittings with the bends I needed.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So my stock line routes out of the master and is secured to the bottom of the swingarm then on to the caliper. I think if it were an inch shorter the brake line would tuck up a little better but, unless I am driving through a bunch of bushes to snag it, I don't think it will be an issue for now. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts