Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about you, but I haven't come across an exhaust system yet for the 1000rr that is worthy of consideration. I've looked at them all. More than just a yawn, but I almost cringe as I see how they (to save $$$ -- understandable) kinda just take their already existing side mount mufflers and sell them with a modified connector pipe, calling it a 1000.rr exhaust.

Egads, these things look horrible sticking out. Talk about an afterthought. No integration. Empty underseat space. Protruding like a big honking firehose. Micron seems to be putting some design investment into it, but the silvery steel finish looks dime store in pics. Others aren't even close. Thumbs down on aesthetics for this rider who always looks to upgrade the exhaust.

OK, maybe there's ten lbs saved and/or a few HP's gained if I can live with the hose out the back. Guess if I want to try and get to 180mph, or shave .1 of a 1/4 mile time this could matter.

I have a weakness for quality exhaust notes and I know these aftermarket, afterthought, exhausts deliver the music, but you know, I haven't come across many stock exhausts sounding as well as the one on the 1000rr. A nice bellow to it, and one can see the exhaust ports are larger than normal. Plus, I haven't even been above 6k on the tach yet during the break-in. Have heard on the web it really growls at higher RPM's. Throw in the stunning and unique good looks, and it looks like the aftermarket is really going to have to come up with a stunning system for it to be worth the $$$. IMO, they haven't done this yet. Just my two cents :).

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
At the moment, the Laser looks like the only one I'd be interested in right now. Don't know about the price or whether it's a full system or not, but see the post about the underside Laser pics.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I agree with both posts. Not impressed with the exhaust options right now. The stock exhaust does look and sound good (For stock) IMO. The Laser is the best looking option right now. Around $550 shipped. Headers can be added to it later (Should be available in a month or two).

·
Registered
158 Posts
sfarson said:
but I almost cringe as I see how they (to save $$$ -- understandable) kinda just take their already existing side mount mufflers and sell them with a modified connector pipe, calling it a 1000.rr exhaust.

Egads, these things look horrible sticking out. Talk about an afterthought. No integration. Empty underseat space. Protruding like a big honking firehose. Micron seems to be putting some design investment into it, but the silvery steel finish looks dime store in pics. Others aren't even close.
I agree,... except for the Two Brothers exhaust. The're one of the few who dare to take ik to an other level.

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/Honda/CBR1000RR-2004-Closeup.htm

I'm only a bit confused if that's the level I wanna be at??? :? .

I'm growing to like the strange looking basterd,... donno what to do now??? :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.