Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
There aren't any stock liter bikes that will "smash" the R1. The 1000RR is a great bike, and I love mine, but at best it's equal to the power of the new R1. Having said that, would I trade for the R1? No way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't understand why people call it an upgrade when referring to stepping up to a 1k from a 600. Its not an upgrade, its a different beast altogether. Its night and day. The 1ks are so much more powerful across the rev range. Whereas you'll have to rev the piss out of your 6 to get it to go anywhere. Get greedy with the throttle on a 6 and its no big deal do the same on a 1k and your calling the insurance company. If you were looking for big power, I'm sure you were disappointed with the 6. Let me make this very clear though...big power does not necessarliy = faster. Which is what I think you were referring to. I can ride the 600RR much more quickly than I could the 1kRR. IMHO its just easier and more enjoyable to ride fast than any other bike I have been on especially the liter bikes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
corner worker said:
I can't understand why people call it an upgrade when referring to stepping up to a 1k from a 600. Its not an upgrade, its a different beast altogether. Its night and day. The 1ks are so much more powerful across the rev range. Whereas you'll have to rev the piss out of your 6 to get it to go anywhere. Get greedy with the throttle on a 6 and its no big deal do the same on a 1k and your calling the insurance company. If you were looking for big power, I'm sure you were disappointed with the 6. Let me make this very clear though...big power does not necessarliy = faster. Which is what I think you were referring to. I can ride the 600RR much more quickly than I could the 1kRR. IMHO its just easier and more enjoyable to ride fast than any other bike I have been on especially the liter bikes.
If you had to choose one, which would it be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.