Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy guys... Just moved here from 600rr.net. Sold my 07 600RR last October and got a CRF250R. Spring came and guess what? I missed the streetbike haha... So I figured it was time for the 1000. Picked up a new leftover 08 red and black 1000RR last week. Got my first nice ride in today since the weather has been shitty here in Boston. I thought my 600 had power haaa. I wish I had got the 1000 sooner. Stock as of today but I'll be tearing her apart soon. The exhaust is so quiet, its killing me. I know everyone hates hotbodies but whats the story with their MotoGP Growler exhaust? Doesnt look all that great but for the price, you cant beat it. Opinions?

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
its funny,
over at the 600rr site the common saying is that it has more power than i will ever use anyway.

then they ride the 1000 and they wish they had done it sooner

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its funny,
over at the 600rr site the common saying is that it has more power than i will ever use anyway.

then they ride the 1000 and they wish they had done it sooner
Thats exactly what I said when I first got my 600, but the 1000 is a whole new ball game period.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice bike, it is exactly like the one I bought saturday! I too just took mine out for the first quick 8 mile ride today, night and day different over my F4i. Im sure I will like even more when I get a chance to ride with my wife compared to a geared down 600 reving high and always shifting.

·
Licensed Street Pilot
1,460 Posts
Good pick up on the candy Red!

Nice bike, it is exactly like the one I bought saturday! I too just took mine out for the first quick 8 mile ride today, night and day different over my F4i. Im sure I will like even more when I get a chance to ride with my wife compared to a geared down 600 reving high and always shifting.
Yeah I bet lol. Like shooting a pellet handgun and going to a 12 gauge one handed. How did the weight feel?

·
Registered
575 Posts
nice bike. I love my 1000, it is weird when ever i ride a 6 again. Even my buddies gsxr-750, I'm like where the hell is the power?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good pick up on the candy Red!

Yeah I bet lol. Like shooting a pellet handgun and going to a 12 gauge one handed. How did the weight feel?
I too am a cross over from the 600rr to the 1000rr world. Of course the first thing i noticed was the power. More than enough in just about anywhere in the power curve. But i did notice a big difference in the weight even though I think the actual difference in weight between an 03 600rr and and 06 1000rr is about 40lbs. To me it feels major. But im just now getting used to it. I would compare it to when i had a little 750 shadow. I sat on my buddies harley and felt I was driving a boat.

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Welcome aboard, Pat. :th_salute:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone... I love the bike, although I feel that it lacks in the low end snap. Is it just me or do you guys feel the same?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.