Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Upgraded to the 1000

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  OneThousandRR 
#1 ·
Heyy guys... Just moved here from 600rr.net. Sold my 07 600RR last October and got a CRF250R. Spring came and guess what? I missed the streetbike haha... So I figured it was time for the 1000. Picked up a new leftover 08 red and black 1000RR last week. Got my first nice ride in today since the weather has been shitty here in Boston. I thought my 600 had power haaa. I wish I had got the 1000 sooner. Stock as of today but I'll be tearing her apart soon. The exhaust is so quiet, its killing me. I know everyone hates hotbodies but whats the story with their MotoGP Growler exhaust? Doesnt look all that great but for the price, you cant beat it. Opinions?

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice bike, it is exactly like the one I bought saturday! I too just took mine out for the first quick 8 mile ride today, night and day different over my F4i. Im sure I will like even more when I get a chance to ride with my wife compared to a geared down 600 reving high and always shifting.

#7 ·
Good pick up on the candy Red!

Yeah I bet lol. Like shooting a pellet handgun and going to a 12 gauge one handed. How did the weight feel?

#10 ·
I too am a cross over from the 600rr to the 1000rr world. Of course the first thing i noticed was the power. More than enough in just about anywhere in the power curve. But i did notice a big difference in the weight even though I think the actual difference in weight between an 03 600rr and and 06 1000rr is about 40lbs. To me it feels major. But im just now getting used to it. I would compare it to when i had a little 750 shadow. I sat on my buddies harley and felt I was driving a boat.

#8 ·
nice bike. I love my 1000, it is weird when ever i ride a 6 again. Even my buddies gsxr-750, I'm like where the hell is the power?!

#15 ·
Welcome aboard, Pat. :th_salute:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.