Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to add a usb power hub to run certain stuff like radar detector, phone charger, power bank, etc. Any suggestions on how and best way to run it, and ways to mount and store? Any tried and true methods?? I'm currently using a RAM mount, which is awesome but sure does shake a lot, sometimes starting camera move n stuff haha. But whatever. Any advice in general, or alternate ideas..??
Thx in advance..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks for posting. Per the second picture, how does it mount in the triple tree nut. Is that one of those "expanding" rubber stems? If so, I've tried those on other bikes and not a big fan either. Some bikes you can get a new nut that is threaded in the middle for a ram ball.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,691 Posts
No the post has O-rings so its a tight fit. No vibration whatsoever, easy to remove, fully adjustable, very solid.
The stem mount comes with various diameter mounting stems so you just use the one that fits your stem. All you do is remove the black plastic stem cap, determine proper diameter stem mount and install. Then adjust mount to your liking via allenhead bolts.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CBR 1000rr non ABS
1,691 Posts
Okay. That is obviously an upgrade from what I bought about ten years ago. Who is it made by? I mostly use Techmount for my bikes. Great products and great service.

Just found this. Is this it?

Or this
I have the second one, well same style stem mount just a different brand. I'll have to look up what I bought but that's about exactly the same thing. My accessory mount, or the top mount is different but I think you can replace it with various styles

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the second one, well same style stem mount just a different brand. I'll have to look up what I bought but that's about exactly the same thing. My accessory mount, or the top mount is different but I think you can replace it with various styles
I ordered the one with the radar detector mount. That is THE first thing I do when I get a new bike. I have radar detectors on all three bikes. I can't get past step one of the twelve step program in "Speeders Anonymous".

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@jjscsix @2015HRC
Sorry reply took so long fellas, I hadn't noticed until today. Here's a bunch of similar but differing angles of the mount. Holla back with any questions.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.