Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about selling my SC82, and can't decide what a fair price to ask would be. It's got 975 miles. Flawless, not a scratch anywhere. Mods are OZ Gass wheels, Turn 13 velocity stacks, MWR WSBK air filter, MCU tuning, Bonamici Racing rearsets, Akrapovic stainless headers with Carbon can, Honda seat cowl, Honda taller screen, Honda frame sliders, Honda shark fin, DID gold chain, and Superlite sprockets(-1 in front).

I realize accessories will never truly add value to a price, but this bike is setup very nicely, and would cost quite a penny to replicate, on top of an already pricy MSRP. Just looking for some, hopefully, unbiased feedback. My initial thought was in the ballpark of $30K. I don't think that's horribly unfair. Now that the word is out that these bikes are pretty stout, the availability isn't what it once was, so there's that as well. Let me know what you all think!

·
SuperMod
681 Posts
There is a bike, and car, shortage around the country and buyers can't find bikes/cars to buy. as a result, dealers are charging over MSRP.
In the case of SC82, I believe there are still new ones at dealers for MSRP of 28500; so you'll be competing with those.
However, you have some higher end mods on it.

I think your asking price of 30K is fair. start there and see if anyone bites.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Thinking about selling my SC82, and can't decide what a fair price to ask would be. It's got 975 miles. Flawless, not a scratch anywhere. Mods are OZ Gass wheels, Turn 13 velocity stacks, MWR WSBK air filter, MCU tuning, Bonamici Racing rearsets, Akrapovic stainless headers with Carbon can, Honda seat cowl, Honda taller screen, Honda frame sliders, Honda shark fin, DID gold chain, and Superlite sprockets(-1 in front).

I realize accessories will never truly add value to a price, but this bike is setup very nicely, and would cost quite a penny to replicate, on top of an already pricy MSRP. Just looking for some, hopefully, unbiased feedback. My initial thought was in the ballpark of $30K. I don't think that's horribly unfair. Now that the word is out that these bikes are pretty stout, the availability isn't what it once was, so there's that as well. Let me know what you all think!
I know the SC 82 is the new best thing out there from Honda and used prices are up but I suspect the poor performance by Honda on the track may affect values negatively. Although the SC77 platform won everything outside the US it unfortunately has a stigma here, my modded SP2 is amazing but sales wise I’ve only been offered base money. It made me realize it well worth keeping! Hopefully you find the right buyer that sees the potential of the SC 82 you built. Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts

Curious if you'd elaborate why you are parting with it? Assuming its not a personal question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm the service manager for the Honda Powerhouse in Columbia, SC. I had my eyes on something Italian prior to the RR-R showing up at the shop. When it showed up, I was impressed, and I liked the exclusivity of it. After almost a year of ownership, I find myself looking at what I could have bought, instead of enjoying the bike like I should. I guess you could say it's a bit of buyers remorse, due to the fact that I see Hondas all day!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Where were you 2 months ago, lol... but hey i would down to take the headers and wheels off your hands, for sure going to get the price down to make it an easier sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts