Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you on here were upset to see the sportrider dyno tests and 1/4 mile times and felt as though honda had failed in some way. I knew I had seen other times where the honda had posted a much faster time. I was just reading the new Cycle World mag and they do have the Zx10r with 10 more hp, but actually was behind the 1000rr by .02 in the quarter which is a virtual tie. My point is, everyone of these mags/reviews is going to come up with a different winner so just by the damn honda because you know it's the best :p

·
Registered
321 Posts
Very true. But sportrider mag is the worst of all of them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is from one of my other sites...drag-related: 04 1000RR
This is how it went today.
Bike was completly stock except lowered 31/2 in rear and strapped in front. Stk gear and all, set-up guys had filled the thing with 87oct also.
1:63 60ft
6:43 1/8
9:92 @ 140.278MPH
I'm 178lbs in street clothes
Next time out,-1 in front,AKRO slip-on and pc3r mapped.

Looks like its going to run pretty damn good, I believe this stuff over the "mags".

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
That is a very impressive run on a bone stock machine. Good Run!!! :D
I have never put much stock in what the magazines say about about 1/4 times and dynos. (in either cars or motorcycles). Not to mention, that by the time some of these mags get the bike on the strip or dyno every "test rider" at the magazine has beat the pi$$ out the bike/car so the clutch might be worn or dozen other things that will make the bike seem slower. Also the rider could be having a bad day.
And lets be honest here... the vast majority of drivers/riders could not do an under 10 sec 1/4 in a top fuel dragster :D
I am not a numbers chaser, I like what I read about the 1000rr before it was released, I liked the fact it came stock with a steering damper, and I liked the looks of it, and you can never go wrong with honda quality.
So I will let everyone else try to chase down the bike with the highest horsepower or lowest 1/4 time. But for now I like my 1000rr and I will ride it to the best of my ability (which is nowhere near the limits of the machine :banban: ). I just hope that mother nature will let up and give me a chance to ride it :evil:
I will get off my soap box now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.