Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys need help
i have annoying vibration under the seat & right peg starts when i add throttle when it reach 5000 rpm even when standing
i have oil burning and when i add throttle gray smoke come out at 8000 rpm
the technician told me to change the valve seals &o rings
i also have weld on the clutch

what causes the vibration ?

Tire Wheel Crankset White Light

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Crankset Tread

·
Registered
85 Posts
Uneven power-stroke not matched between all cylinders causes vibration.

Did you squirt 2cc oil in 60% cylinder? Did it change reading?
Burnt exhaust-valve from lack of maintenance more likely than bad rings.

Reactions: h.abohadid and J D

·
Registered
08 cbr 1000rr
3 Posts
i did its 60 %
do you think bad rings causes the vibration ?
Dude you have a 08 oil burner,the burnt oil is because bad piston rings " its a known issiue even honda knows it" as far as the vibration that could be a misfire or bad burn in a cylinder because too much oil is getting into it.BTW i have a 08 and she loves to burn oil lol,i still ride and love the bike enough to not give a shit tho.I just add oil whenever it gets low and since i use rotella t4 "15 bucks for 4 quarts" im not worried about oil cost.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's not bad rings that causes oil-burning, it's using low-grade oil. Always use full-synthetic JASO MA/MA2 oil.

Bike ran perfectly fine when leaving showroom floor. But what happens is low-grade oil burns from mile-1 and clogs rings This prevent oil from draining out holes in pistons. Then it just builds up and gets worse and worse.

Non-synthetic base oil burns form verify 1st mile. If you had used full-synthetic JASO MA/MA2 oil from mile-1, you'd never have issues with burning-oil and clogged rings. Doesn't matter if oil has exact same additives and friction-fighting abilities (which it doesn't), it's the base oil burning that's issue.

Besides, OP's problem is uneven compression. Burnt-oil and clog rings from using low-grade oil would affect all cylinders evenly, so they'd ALL have low-compression and engine would not have vibration.

Out of Rotella line, only T6 full-synthetic has JASO MA rating:

There's very large difference in anti-friction ET/EP extreme-heat/extreme-pressure additives in motor vs. moto MA oil.

Reactions: h.abohadid
1 - 6 of 6 Posts