Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well i was out riding one night, pretty hard, and all the sudden i notice vibrations in the uppper speeed/rpm range, but when i put the clutch in the vibrations go away, so it has to do something with the motor i am imagining, the bike only has 1500 or so miles on it, and i remmeber it being wayyyy smoother when i was rippin on it before the same way.

any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any suggestions???

maybe the clutch would it be worth me tearing it apart and checking to make sure all the plates are in tact?

i cant think of anything else it could be, the motor doesnt smoke, its solid, all motor mounts tight, i dont see how the the motor could just go out of balance??

thanks,
J

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome to the club. I am at about same milage, but my vibrations have been there from day one almost. It is most profound on the RHS peg and a little also on the RHS handle bar.
My foot goes numb very quickly and the vibrations is felt most from 5-6K and up

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my vibrations are a bit different, and none on one side or the other, its the whole thing, and its more in the 9-13k rpm range

its really starting to get at me, im going to pull my clutch and make sure its all in tact, if thats not it, im going to run it to the honda dealership let them throw it on the dyno and see what they think, but it almost makes me miss my 06 cause that joker was smooooth, even at 13k miles when i got rid of her, and she had a hardddd life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got the same problem with my 08. It has vibrations that go through whole bike, it is driving me nuts. It started a 1800 miles after coming down from wheelie. This is my second 08 ( the first one had a bad crank and I didn't want to wait for honda, so I traded it in and gave the dealer some cash for a new bike.) Now this bike was perfect for 1800 miles no oil burning, no vibes, smooth shifting. Then 1800 miles and a small wheelie and now I have an vibrations that feels like metal on metal. I brought it to the dealer and they said that all liter bikes did that. Not true my first one didn't, sounded like crap with bad crank but no significant vibes, (they all vibe a little.) After the dealer said it was normal I started checking things, engine mounts are good, I took the whole exhaust system off a put back on with new exhaust gaskets and muffler gasket. All torque to spec. The vibes reduced a little. My next job is to check the gas tank and see if something is loose. I am beginning to think like you that something is out of balance inside the engine. I doubt it is the clutch, it vibed with the old clutch and I just had the recall done and it is still doing it. For me it takes the fun out of riding the bike when it's vibrating all the time. If you find anything out please let me know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the same problem with my 08. It has vibrations that go through whole bike, it is driving me nuts. It started a 1800 miles after coming down from wheelie. This is my second 08 ( the first one had a bad crank and I didn't want to wait for honda, so I traded it in and gave the dealer some cash for a new bike.) Now this bike was perfect for 1800 miles no oil burning, no vibes, smooth shifting. Then 1800 miles and a small wheelie and now I have an vibrations that feels like metal on metal. I brought it to the dealer and they said that all liter bikes did that. Not true my first one didn't, sounded like crap with bad crank but no significant vibes, (they all vibe a little.) After the dealer said it was normal I started checking things, engine mounts are good, I took the whole exhaust system off a put back on with new exhaust gaskets and muffler gasket. All torque to spec. The vibes reduced a little. My next job is to check the gas tank and see if something is loose. I am beginning to think like you that something is out of balance inside the engine. I doubt it is the clutch, it vibed with the old clutch and I just had the recall done and it is still doing it. For me it takes the fun out of riding the bike when it's vibrating all the time. If you find anything out please let me know.
yes, this sounds like the same issue as me, and i wheelie mine to, so who the hell knows, i just know it has to be something with the motor at this point becasuse ill get up to like 170 and its vibrating and then ill put hte clutch in coast and the vibrating goes away instantly when the clutch is pulled in?????

·
Registered
413 Posts
This is interesting. I might add that I also have some vibes going through the whole bike and I can feel on the seat at some rpm range.
I ride in Korea at the moment and it is not likely Honda here are going to pay any attention to my complaints taking the finacial situation of all dealers here.
I might opt to shut up about it and try and trade it in for a gixxer K9.......

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got almost 4,000 miles never had that problem. My buddy did though. It stopped after he changed his exhaust. But i'm not saying that's the solution.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fixed, it was the clutch going crazy, got the recall done and a new one, smooth as butter.

however, i just picked up an 09 r1 as well, that bike out numbers the cbr 1k, so now mine is going to be up for sale soon, cant keep both of them.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
fixed, it was the clutch going crazy, got the recall done and a new one, smooth as butter.

however, i just picked up an 09 r1 as well, that bike out numbers the cbr 1k, so now mine is going to be up for sale soon, cant keep both of them.
I am happy everything worked out for you. I was wondering what was causing you guys these vibration issues. I have felt some minor vibs through the right side rearset, but nothing like was Narve has been describing. It def sucks and it was certainly be pissing me off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.