Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what VIN everyone has. I got an early one, 000059, and am hoping the assembly folks were real careful in making this one since they weren't fully up to speed on the line yet. How many bikes are made for preproduction? I think it's like 25 or 50 for the press and demo rides, then they are destroyed.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Some of those demo bikes make it over to MMI(not sure about AMI) and probably some of the other schools around the world. So yeah I guess they are slowly destroyed. When I was there we had an F2 with 000005 sometimes it's just some parts like the frame maybe in this case the new HESD. Glad to here ya got an early one hope it treats you well!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
gRReg said:
Just curious as to what VIN everyone has. I got an early one, 000059, and am hoping the assembly folks were real careful in making this one since they weren't fully up to speed on the line yet. How many bikes are made for preproduction? I think it's like 25 or 50 for the press and demo rides, then they are destroyed.
They could just give them to me. I kind of have my own disposal service: I ride them for a few years, and then run them headlong into the biggest object I can find... :wink:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.