Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dear Lord, please don't let me qualify in last place 馃檹:LOL:

SuperMod
At some point, he's gonna be so behind newer riders that the team will fire him.

I'm of the opinion that he should have retired on a high, rather than keep going and fading out.

a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
He's said it himself. He's going to race until he's no longer competitive.
Never forget that it was he, that left an Unbeatable team, (Honda), to go to Yamaha, and develop from nothing, a winning motorcycle. Who else has done this?

I'll continue to be a fan of his, whatever his endeavors.

For all we know, after all the winning he has accomplished, he's just doing it now, for FUN.

SuperMod
I don't disagree with his accomplishments and not trying to demean him. Just saying that looking at races, the number of yellow shirts and yellow smoke bombs are diminishing.
It just feels like it's good to go out, while the public remembers.

I heard this saying the other day, you either die the hero or live long enough become the villain. Not a perfect analogy but has my meaning.

He's a great rider, no question.

a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
I don't disagree with his accomplishments and not trying to demean him. Just saying that looking at races, the number of yellow shirts and yellow smoke bombs are diminishing.
It just feels like it's good to go out, while the public remembers.

I heard this saying the other day, you either die the hero or live long enough become the villain. Not a perfect analogy but has my meaning.

He's a great rider, no question.
Yea, I liked that TwoFace quote from BatMan movie too.

But, say you were Rossi, and the meaning of your existence, was to, R a c e, doesn't matter the outcome, just being out there, racing, doing what he clearly loves to do, with the best of the best, in the pinnicle of racing.
Can't fault a hombre for that.

Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
I think the picture says it all. It's no fun to get old, I can atest to that, but time waits for nobody. Actually by my standards he's not old, just by MotoGP standards. I think he will make that decision when the time is right, hopefully not when it's too late. He will always be respected by road racing fans.

Registered
I don't know him personally but he would know he's not as quick as he was, but he's still competitive and draws amazing crowds and media to the class. Who wouldn't like to be paid a packet and treated like a royal for as long as you can, once you go that is it!

Remember that other bloke? what was his name? I think he may have had the smoothest technic of all time.

Reactions: J D

Registered
During the first race I was commenting to my wife (who is a Rossi fangirl) at how many careers of others he has eclipsed - all the way from Max Biaggi to Dovi. Whether you like him or not, he has staying power.

Personally I can wait to see Marc back on track, although I don't know if he will ever be the same.

Registered
During the first race I was commenting to my wife (who is a Rossi fangirl) at how many careers of others he has eclipsed - all the way from Max Biaggi to Dovi. Whether you like him or not, he has staying power.

Personally I can wait to see Marc back on track, although I don't know if he will ever be the same.
I'm looking forward to seeing how he does with all the new competition. I think it might make races more entertaining to have him back in the mix.

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet if he was 90 yrs old, and on a stock ninja 400, he would run circles around you and your Texas team slow.
I bet if you hit 10 degree lean angle you'd pee your pants. Thank god for boulevards, right. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts