Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did anyone have good results with the sprint filter using a rubber or foam seal around it, as previously mentioned? I’m stuck between going after market or staying oem.
Or has sprint fixed this issue? Did anyone actually get in touch with sprint? Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Did anyone have good results with the sprint filter using a rubber or foam seal around it, as previously mentioned? I’m stuck between going after market or staying oem.
Or has sprint fixed this issue? Did anyone actually get in touch with sprint? Thanks in advanced
Nothing to do with a seal. The oem has no seal, the DNA has no seal, the sprint has no seal. Its the filter media itself that's the issue.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
REMOVE THESE FILTERS FROM YOUR BIKE.

After reading on the forums here about the Sprint F1 letting a heap of material through I started investigating. Turns out people were having issues with the P08 as well, which is what I have had in my bike for the last 2000km (1200miles).

Here is what it looked like.......

View attachment 261833
View attachment 261834
View attachment 261835
View attachment 261836
View attachment 261837
View attachment 261838

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I live in Victoria Australia, its not a desert its green, I don't commute, I don't ride on dirt roads EVER. Its done less than half a standard service interval. Imagine how much damage has/would be done if you left it 6000km without checking as per standard service intervals. Its cleaner on the damn "dirty" side.

DO NOT USE THESE FILTERS!
That's messed up

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
63 Posts
That sandy looking stuff inside the airbox isn’t as bad as it looks. I just cleaned my BMC air filters and my airbox was way worse. I considered taking off the entire tank and airbox to clean it, but when I felt this “sand” I decided it could wait (and I’m a surgically clean mechanic). When I felt it I realized it just looks like sand. It’s more like a collection of fine dust and pollen. Still damaging, but not as bad. The reason I decided it could wait is because every bit of it was glued to the walls of the airbox with a VERY sticky layer of varnish/old oil. If it were just floating around in there it’d be another store, but it’s not going anywhere without a strong solvent and mechanical agitation. Trust me. I’m probably one of the most anal people in the world when it comes to this stuff. But feel that residue. The most vigorous airflow isn’t going to break that dust loose from the varnish it’s stuck to.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Trust me. I’m probably one of the most anal people in the world when it comes to this stuff. But feel that residue. The most vigorous airflow isn’t going to break that dust loose from the varnish it’s stuck to.
I dont trust you sorry, because the majority of airflow is going directly into the engine so you are only seeing what didnt...

·
Registered
2007 CBR1000RR
63 Posts
I dont trust you sorry, because the majority of airflow is going directly into the engine so you are only seeing what didnt...
Most of that dust is flammable and will be destroyed by combustion. Unless you actually have sand in your airbox, then you got bigger problems.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts