Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
I don't know the weights yet...

However, it's not so much the weight but where it is located. You can actually have a heavier wheel, but with the mass more towards the center & when the bike is in motion the turning effort will feel be easier than with wheels that actually weigh less.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Anyone have that RRW article handy? I believe it said the CBR1000 wheels were significantly lighter than the G1K (Lightest of the liter bikes), and I think possibly the lightest production wheels ever.

I don't remember it having specific weight numbers, but bottom line was stock was pretty damn light.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So basically, with a swap to OZ or Marchessini forged alum. there wouldnt be a dramatic weight savings? I just like the Y spoke or 5 spoke designs better IMO. Racier looks, and if it shaved off maybe 5 pounds of unsprung weight,,, all the better!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I remember reading RRW and seeing that the RR had the lightest wheels. I am wondering what mods to do to my bike. Was thinking wheels but it seems like a waste. We'll see I'm sure there are some better ways to reduce weight. I would like to get some lighter internals and get the bike to rev faster!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.