Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :) I have bought cbr1000rr from 2017 with 62.000km. Before I bought it I heard some noise from engine while I am reving it. Then I asked guys is that normal they sad: yes it is normal. I have still waranty on engine,etc etc and I felt like they didn't care so much because for me that didn't sound normal. What is your opinion about this? 🤔 You can hear on video here:

·
Registered
494 Posts
99% sure that's your cam chain slapping around.
The automatic tensioners were known to go out on past generations, that's probably what happened here. You can replace the part with another OEM tensioner or you can put on a manual tensioner. The manual tensioner used to be the way to go, and is what I did on my 2003 CBR600RR and 1994 CBR600RR. The only trick with those is that you have to be careful setting the tension. Too tight and you will prematurely wear the chain and guides. Too loose and it will rattle. Like with the drive chain though, a little loose is better than too tight.

Stock Piece:

Manual Tensioner:

Personally I would go with the manual tensioner. APE is good quality too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi everyone! :) I have bought cbr1000rr from 2017 with 62.000km. Before I bought it I heard some noise from engine while I am reving it. Then I asked guys is that normal they sad: yes it is normal. I have still waranty on engine,etc etc and I felt like they didn't care so much because for me that didn't sound normal. What is your opinion about this? 🤔
Mine was doing this too at approx 7000km. I replaced the CCT with a brand new OEM tensioner and it was the exact same....said F it and just rode it as normal and it went away. Best I can assume it was right at the point where there isnt enough slack to "click forward a notch" and loose enough to buzz like that.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :D

38k miles is substantial on a SC77, your engine is still under warranty?

I’ve had MCCT done on a few prior VTR’s, best way to go, for me. Have someone competent perform this.

Were the valve clearances checked/adjusted?

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
11 Posts
That's one hell of a good warranty. In US we get 1 year 12000 miles (19000 Km)

what do you get France?
When I bought my cbr april 2017 I had 2 years warranty which I upgraded to 5 years (+3 years) just before it expired.
Since 1 year "Honda France" offer a 5 year warranty.
But the best part is the unlimited mileage ;)

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
When I bought my cbr april 2017 I had years warranty which I upgraded to 5 years (+3 years) just before it expired.
Since 1 year "Honda France" offer a 5 year warranty.
But the best part is the unlimited mileage ;)
Here in the USA we also can purchase an Extended Warranty, (HondaCare), wt Unlimited mileage for up to 5 years.

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
11 Posts
Here in the USA we also can purchase an Extended Warranty, (HondaCare), wt Unlimited mileage for up to 5 years.
Hope, it is not too expensive as it is a must have.
In the first 3 month I drove 22000km, if all french warranty had not unlimited mileage that would have been a problem 😅

1 - 9 of 9 Posts