Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Eaglecanyon and had an excellent time. Weather was cold 34 degrees or so with a 30-40 mph constant wind. They postponed letting people on the track due to slick conditions. I ran the novice class as this is my first time on a track. 8 people total crashed. I might be back out there this Saturday as well.

In the novice class there were about 12 people. How do I know when It is ok to move to interemediate and stay there for awhile? Some of the novice guys were running super slow, laped two of them. I just dont want to move to intermediate and get killed either, lol.

Thanks to all the track junkies for getting me hooked on this! :thumbsup:

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Stay in Novice as long as they let you. Int is a group full of egos, poor judgment, worse lines, and slow riders who think they're fast.

Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Thanks Silvy!! I did my first track day a couple of weeks ago, granted it was a lot warmer 70's, and sometimes it was scary running with the novice's, but the 3 crashes during the day were in the intermediate class so think it is a good idea for me to stay in novice for awhile.....

·
slow fat guy runnin sweep
2,517 Posts
Stay in Novice as long as they let you. Int is a group full of egos, poor judgment, worse lines, and slow riders who think they're fast.

Welcome to the club.
perfect advice... I've been bumped twice and refused it...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like good advice. I just hate how they make the novices follow the super slow instructor for the first 2-3 sessions.. I take it mike had a bad insurance deal..lol

·
08 Feb BOTM, 09 Aug BOTM
7,262 Posts
I have ran novice twice and Intermediate a bunch of times. Trying to get to that advanced stage in the next couple of months. Intermediate does get a little fucked up but weither stay in the front or the back of the pack. For some reason they all think they are going to win some $$ or something!:th_SmlyROFL:

·
Addicted
3,136 Posts
perfect advice... I've been bumped twice and refused it...
haha. i did the same thing. 2 differnt CR's bugged me at the end of a saturday and all day sunday to go up to I. the last session of the day sunday i gave in and let them bump me. monday in I was intimidating but luckily my first day in I was a monday so there wasnt that many riders. now i role A pace at one or two tracks i ride and middle I pace at a few other tracks. hoping to be in A this year by my trip to road america and putman this june. This was last summer when i got bumped.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts

Welcome to the club.
Nailed it. Novice and Advanced are the safest groups in my experience.

·
Ride Red!
4,587 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

First thing to do is forget worrying about getting out of any group! Just relax and have fun.

Check out the link in my sig, might be some useful tips there! :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to another trackday this past saturday, had even more fun. The temps where nice and was able to push the bike a lot more than last week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts