Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, what’s your top speed? I’m currently stock except for a slip on and dyno tune. Dyno says 175rwhp but the numbers don’t really matter, it’s the before and after that counts. Bike feels great.. I was recently pinned and I hit 172mph on my speedo. Anybody clocking any higher with roughly the same setup? Thanks in advanced..

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,029 Posts
Which year/generation CBR1K do ya have?

·
Registered
494 Posts
You have stock sprockets and a 190/50 rear tire? If so your speedo should be very accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2012 CBR1000RR, full exhaust & tune, stock front sprocket, +1 in the rear, +500 max rpm enabled, rider weight of ~150

I also have a speedohealer that is pretty accurately calibrated to GPS, I've been at 187 on the speedo, I have yet to do a legit GPS test (I don't trust those dinky phone GPS speed apps).

You should be able to hit 186 easy on a newer gen I'd imagine

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Stock sprockets with 190/55 rear tire. Stock wind screen, mirrors etc, only thing after market is a slip on.
I feel silly to be honest. I realized yesterday on the site I wasn’t sure of my final rpm before I let off. I stayed pinned for a while, I let off at 172 but it took awhile to get there. I’m 5’10 220, I’m no light weight 🤣

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Stock sprockets with 190/55 rear tire. Stock wind screen, mirrors etc, only thing after market is a slip on.
I feel silly to be honest. I realized yesterday on the site I wasn’t sure of my final rpm before I let off. I stayed pinned for a while, I let off at 172 but it took awhile to get there. I’m 5’10 220, I’m no light weight 🤣
With that 190/55 tire your speedometer is going to read low, so you were probably doing better than 172. Check gearingcommander.com to find exactly how fast.

·
Registered
917 Posts
When My 2010 CBR was new I hit 168MPH before I let off. This was in Salt river canyon in AZ. I remember it seemed to hit 145 pretty quick. I stayed in it for a while, but it seemed to take a long time after 150 MPH to climb to 168.
The bike was all stock, and I weighed about 210 pounds at the time.
Since then, I hit 140 a couple of times on a long stretch of backroad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^^^ I hit 161 mph on the 202 Red Mountain Freeway between the 60 and Elliot, verified by Garmin GPS (speedohealer was right on too), 2016 SP, DynoJet IRC plug-in, -1 tooth front sprocket, all else stock. 5'9" 185lbs

·
Can't Spell
442 Posts
When My 2010 CBR was new I hit 168MPH before I let off. This was in Salt river canyon in AZ
That's not the SRC I've been to. Its non stop twist, turns, and a personal track. There are no straits, and nowhere close you can get to 170mph. Before SRC starts sure, maybe after since I've never gone past.
Top speed as indicated by speedo is not accurate even when comparing the same model and year bike. Now my F4i, that's easy to calculate. It'll redline in 6th gear. So 14k rpm, with whatever a 180/55/17 equals in diameter, whatever ratio 6th gear is, and 16/46 gearing, I can do math and find top speed.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's not the SRC I've been to. Its non stop twist, turns, and a personal track. There are no straits, and nowhere close you can get to 170mph. Before SRC starts sure, maybe after since I've never gone past.
Top speed as indicated by speedo is not accurate even when comparing the same model and year bike. Now my F4i, that's easy to calculate. It'll redline in 6th gear. So 14k rpm, with whatever a 180/55/17 equals in diameter, whatever ratio 6th gear is, and 16/46 gearing, I can do math and find top speed.
I Don’t know exactly where in the ride I hit the top speed. But it was on a group ride from Apache Junction, through Globe and then to SRC, and back. I know it was after we got through Globe though. This was some time back in 2012 So I don’t have the recollection of the exact place I ran it up to speed.
But I did get it there on that ride.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CBR1000RR SP1
11 Posts
As the title suggests, what’s your top speed? I’m currently stock except for a slip on and dyno tune. Dyno says 175rwhp but the numbers don’t really matter, it’s the before and after that counts. Bike feels great.. I was recently pinned and I hit 172mph on my speedo. Anybody clocking any higher with roughly the same setup? Thanks in advanced..

GoPro GPS = 286 km/h with revs just on 130000 & still climbing but ran out of road on my 2017 SP1 with Pirelli 190/50 & stock sprockets. I have to add this is in Johannesburg which is at 5,751 ft altitude taxing +/- 20% engine power.

FYI; Clock indicated 299km @ 273km/h on the GPS

·
Registered
184 Posts
5'8, 43 jacket (broad shoulders), anywhere from 200-220 lbs.
Hit 175 mph. Poor man's gutted intake, Two Brother's exhaust, BMC filters, that was holding it at the top of the gear with the shift light blinking. The speedohealer logged 176 but the dash said 175.
It's either mathematical rounding error or I blinked for a second? You run out of road real quick.

I've since done a 15/43 sprocket combination and now I top out around 155 mph. I was willing to sacrifice the top end for the grunt off the line since I very seldom find a posted speed limit of 150.

This is on a 2004 1000rr

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well today I stayed on it in attempt to top out. The bike topped out at 180 and would jump back and forth to 181mph. Next time I do a few passes, I’ll have a gps watch to confirm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts