Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1301 - 1319 of 1319 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
^^^
Are these lines fitted yet?

Only ask because many say that bleeding these ABS systems is a pain in the butt and can take up to three hours? Not that I want to fit braided lines, but would be interested in your experience! (y)

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^

Only ask because many say that bleeding these ABS systems is a pain in the butt and can take up to three hours? Not that I want to fit braided lines, but would be interested in your experience! (y)

Yes. There is really nothing to bleed the ABS on the CBR. I did use a vacuum tool, but with a SHITTY TINY compressor. Still not bad.
My OWN mistake: When I bleed lines (not replacing) I had read you do the calipers and bleed MC last, and that always worked for me. Well, I found out, when replacing lines, YOU GOT TO bleed the MC FIRST! Used like 1.5 litters of fluid, because I was waiting for it to build pressure and then bleed the MC. NOT THE CASE! As soon as I bled the MC, pressure built up right away. The lines do make a noticeable difference.

Reactions: Maximus7

·
Registered
509 Posts
. whaaaa?¿
As said, wasn't my own experience; just views expressed on the UK Blade forum. Again, we can be influenced by the ramblings of others who heard such stories from their aunty's neighbour's dog. :rolleyes:

·
a d m i n
151,148 Posts
As said, wasn't my own experience; just views expressed on the UK Blade forum. Again, we can be influenced by the ramblings of others who heard such stories from their aunty's neighbour's dog. :rolleyes:

I’m going to ask at my local Honda dlr.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As you see in that link, Paul replied. You don’t need to ask the dealer. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
What did I do for my bike yesterday?

Well, the clutch and brake fluids were beginning to look like coffee. Not sure when the previous owners replaced them. So, I replaced them. They are now bright yellow and transparent.

Also, cleaned the chain, lubed it with Motul Chain Lube.

Inspected the slack and it was fine.

Looking to install the Shogun Sliders soon.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
^^^

That's the old ABS system.

This new for 2017+ one is as simple as.

I’m going to ask at my local Honda dlr.
No need, just grab a lawn chair, your, favorite brake bleed thingamabob and treat the system like a regular brake setup.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow ... What's the name of this Golden Butterfly thingy? It really stands out nicely.
I see the peg and the gear are all integrated.
Sorry, I don't have a picture to show the change of fluids. ha ha

Are those RedLine stainless clutch hoses?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also like the "Honda: One Heart"
I guess Honda CBR1000RR's are heart-connection machines, like a good woman is.;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow ... What's the name of this Golden Butterfly thingy? It really stands out nicely.
I see the peg and the gear are all integrated.
Sorry, I don't have a picture to show the change of fluids. ha ha

Are those RedLine stainless clutch hoses?
The Shift Spindle Holder? It helps a great amount with eliminating "loosenes" , and can be installed on its own too, without rearsets. SATO RACING | Honda CBR1000RR / SP ('17-) Rear Sets

The lines are Goodrich.

Reactions: artthury

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
PS.:
You will need a longer bolt to attach the distro block on the front fender, as the one the lines come with is thicker. No idea how Goodrich missed that... or maybe they forgot to include one with mine. The stock will be short now.
Excellent tip with the longer bolt!
When you unscrew the hardlines,

and connect the new lines with those blocks, do you do standard bleeding or is there special specific ABS bleeding to be done. I am unsure if air goes down into those hard lines. I have this kit and have been waiting to install.
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you read above, no special procedure for 2017-19' ABS. I will guess it will be a much longer process though if you just pump the lever. I have a $25 vacuum kit that worked well, even with a crappy, running out of steam, 2 gal. cheap ass compressor.

Reactions: Maximus7

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Yes. There is really nothing to bleed the ABS on the CBR. I did use a vacuum tool, but with a SHITTY TINY compressor. Still not bad.
My OWN mistake: When I bleed lines (not replacing) I had read you do the calipers and bleed MC last, and that always worked for me. Well, I found out, when replacing lines, YOU GOT TO bleed the MC FIRST! Used like 1.5 litters of fluid, because I was waiting for it to build pressure and then bleed the MC. NOT THE CASE! As soon as I bled the MC, pressure built up right away. The lines do make a noticeable difference.
I missed this thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
a d m i n
151,148 Posts
That's the old ABS system.

This new for 2017+ one is as simple as.

No need, just grab a lawn chair, your, favorite brake bleed thingamabob and treat the system like a regular brake setup.
My local Honda dlr, (owner),is a personal friend, and they used to sponsor me when I raced.

He is always super-reasonable with me, so I'd rather go there for important stuff like brake bleeding, that only takes a moment when he hooks it up to his machine.

Oldest Honda dealer on the East Coast, Fun Wheels Honda :geek:

1301 - 1319 of 1319 Posts