Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I have a guy that can likely do better on transition prices and make them more reasonable although thats likely a lower margin thing unlike most clothing and helmets. PM me if you dont already use him, Im not sure if they still advertise here and dont want to make problems.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been considering one of these.
I've heard they do not transition quickly so if you are riding from light to drak it's not a big deal as the light gradually lessens but if you were to drive through a dark tunnel on a sunny day the visor (like glasses as well) does not lighten fast enough
Not fiferent having a smoke visor or sunglasses. For all else, no comparison.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
I have a guy that can likely do better on transition prices and make them more reasonable although thats likely a lower margin thing unlike most clothing and helmets. PM me if you dont already use him, Im not sure if they still advertise here and dont want to make problems.
I don't see why you can't drop link to the seller you mentioned.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
I always go with Oakley's, and a clear shield. This way, when the sun is setting, I just put my sunglasses away, but still have the protection of the shield.
Me, too.
I usually use polarized sunglasses so as to improve the clarity further when the sun is out.

·
SP2 00004
12 Posts
Took the SP2 to the track for the first time with re-flashed ECU, all I have to say is THANK YOU! I've been riding that track in anger for many years. And now I have to relearn the place because my normal braking markers are now irrelevant. And I couldn't be happier about that.

By far the most noticeable change was low to mid range. Throttle response is truly magical. Corner exit speed is markedly higher. But that sounds like I'm saying top end pull was not impressive. Which would be incorrect. The new redline combined with the large diameter head pipes(who knows, maybe filter helped a little) has changed her into a banshee on the top end. It's just that my local track, combined with me being a slow, old man, doesn't have a lot of opportunity to hold throttle wide open for extended periods. But I will find a place in the spring(9 degrees F and snowing hard tonight).

I tried all the power modes, and they work as advertised as well. Very happy I had you unlock the sport mode Paul. Being able to let the bike know tire size, gearing changes, etc is how the thing should've come from Honda. And I don't need a speedo anyway (speed limits are just a general guideline).

Everything functioned perfectly. Quick shifter, auto blipper, wheelie control, etc. I know you flatlanders are probably much more used to seeing wheelie control functioning often, but at our altitude wheelies are not a big problem on an stock SP2. And I can happily report that my wheelie control now gets a thorough workout.

He spent a lot of time talking with me prior to the reflash, helping me make up my mind about what I wanted out of my bike. And his help continued after I re-installed my ECU, to include idiotic questions from me. I don't often recommend a service or business to others, but in this case I can do that with total confidence. I guess my only stipulation would be to make sure you are setting up your bike to match your experience and skill level, because the change is remarkable. ;)

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
Got a new GoPro9 and I'm collecting footage with it. I should bring my drone along and add a different perspective.
Will be editing my vids when the weather sucks.

Reactions: J D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Put a tank protector on the SC77. Tried to avoid it as I'm usually not a fan of these aesthetically but once I noticed the tank starting to get scratched up I knew I had to get one. I found this item on Ebay and I really like it. It's real carbon fiber weave and it is very thin; exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
The contrast in color is gorgeous.

Reactions: HP17

·
Moderator RR-R
89 Posts
Put a tank protector on the SC77. Tried to avoid it as I'm usually not a fan of these aesthetically but once I noticed the tank starting to get scratched up I knew I had to get one. I found this item on Ebay and I really like it. It's real carbon fiber weave and it is very thin; exactly what I wanted.

View attachment 261185

View attachment 261186
I'm not a fan of those types of protectors. I prefer clear bra, which is far more subtle and protects the tank better. My 2021 tank pictured.
Honda_Tank_Clear_Bra.jpg

San

·
Registered
530 Posts
201 - 220 of 260 Posts