Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
221 - 240 of 260 Posts

·
Moderator RR-R
89 Posts
Thank you it looks really nice in the sun too!

That looks great. How much did it cost though all in? Did you do it yourself?
Front fender, headlights, front fairings, partial side fairings, instrument cluster, gas tank and rear side upper fairings was $380. I don't have the talent (or sharp eyes) to do it myself.

I don't typically do much riding until I have the clear bra installed. My clear bra friend (Norbert, Crystal Autoshield) used to be local, but is now in Temecula, CA. I truck my bikes to him for his outstanding work.

Honda_truck.jpg
BMW_truck.jpg

San

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok I thought about going that route too especially for the front end to limit rock chips and what not, but, honestly for me I don't mind too much.

And then once the clear bra has a bunch of chips and starts looking ratty, do you take it off, and clear bra again? Or do you just go for it at that point?

·
Moderator RR-R
89 Posts
Ok I thought about going that route too especially for the front end to limit rock chips and what not, but, honestly for me I don't mind too much.

And then once the clear bra has a bunch of chips and starts looking ratty, do you take it off, and clear bra again? Or do you just go for it at that point?
Clear bra technology comes from military helicopter rotor protection from the Vietnam era. The rotors would get damaged easily and the clear bra helped to protect the rotors. Modern clear bra materials are self-healing under normal sunlight.

I've only had clear bra material penetrated once, and I've had it on seven vehicles. Even if you slightly mar it, the surface underneath the clear bra is pristine.

San

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
Great add-on for your RR-R

RIP

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
The sun came out today, so I took both the 2005 CBR1000RR and the 2018 CBR1000RR SP out for a ride. Filled gas for the former one, too.
Wind gusts were occasionally a little scary at highway speeds but other than that, it was very satisfying listening to the motors purr.

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
530 Posts
New chain and sprockets! DID 520ERV3, JT front and Driven rear. Stock sizes.
While I was at it I modified the stock front sprocket cover to show off what I'm working with. Normally I just remove the plastic part and bolt on the metal case saver, but for the SC77 the cover cannot so easily be deleted. I like the compromise I made.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Am I the only one who is working on my CBR this Winter!?
Just cleansed my CBR of this mess:

For those wondering, weight of everything is 400 grams or about .9 lb. Be Gone!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Went on a massive ride all around San Diego County. Just over 250 miles round trip, hit just about all my favorite roads.

·
BOTM Moderator
613 Posts
@HP17 you Cali folks have the best roads for motorcycling.

We do have some good roads here in the NE but nothing comparable.

·
Registered
530 Posts
@HP17 you Cali folks have the best roads for motorcycling.

We do have some good roads here in the NE but nothing comparable.
I haven't ridden much at all outside of California but yeah, it's pretty good, not to mention the weather.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
New 520 chain and sprockets SBS Street disc pads new fork seals done.

Reactions: HP17

·
Can't Spell
454 Posts
I recently replace my rear tire [Q3+], air filter and spark plugs [oem] and front brake pads [one caliper oem, other caliper vesrah rjl xx's]. Original chain and sprockets need to go next but I ran out of money. Switching to 520 and going +1 in the rear.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Different pads in each caliper. Definitely not something I would do but it is interesting and probably won't cause any problems.

221 - 240 of 260 Posts