Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Am I the only one who is working on my CBR this Winter!?
Just cleansed my CBR of this mess:

For those wondering, weight of everything is 400 grams or about .9 lb. Be Gone!
I was happy to get rid of the exhaust valve junk as well!

·
Can't Spell
454 Posts
Different pads in each caliper. Definitely not something I would do but it is interesting and probably won't cause any problems.
Different pads in each caliper is a no, different pad sets per caliper is a yes lol.
One caliper is all oem, one caliper is all vesrah. Otherwise it would cause problems. Its very similar to having only compression in one fork and rebound in the other, everything is connected together and works as one unit in the end.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Different pads in each caliper is a no, different pad sets per caliper is a yes lol.
One caliper is all oem, one caliper is all vesrah. Otherwise it would cause problems. Its very similar to having only compression in one fork and rebound in the other, everything is connected together and works as one unit in the end.
Yea I get it, it's not dangerous or anything, it's just weird. Your pads will wear at different rates, your rotors will wear at different rates, and if on track and the brakes get re hot it seems you could get strange brake feel.

Have you been doing this for a while? What's the benefit?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yea I get it, it's not dangerous or anything, it's just weird. Your pads will wear at different rates, your rotors will wear at different rates, and if on track and the brakes get re hot it seems you could get strange brake feel.

From previous thread I think main reason is wanting more bite from the Vesrah's but not wanting to pay for 2 sets.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
Replaced the OEM levers with a pair of CRG Levers. ha ha ... just for the cool factor and shortness was more useful for me anymore.

·
Can't Spell
454 Posts

Fine tuning the brake feel. It won't make the lever feel weird.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
Replaced the OEM Air filters of my 2005 CBR1000RR with a pair of new OEM Air filters.
Even though the bike has very low mileage (3.9K miles), I felt that I should start replacing the consumables since they are all 16 year old.

Replaced OEM horn with a Snail Air Horn just for kicks.

Tested bike on a 45 mile route and everything was fine. Have to say that a CBR is CBR, the throttle is just smile-inducing. Even for a 16 year CBR, the engine is so eager to perform.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
Getting Mich Power Cup 2’s installed, for a Track Day next week.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
That's a an interesting Instagram account. Those video clips are a good reminder for what can happen to us when we ride in busy areas with many cars. It's not worth it to ride in urban areas, not unless you have no choice due to your commute to work.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,018 Posts
That's a an interesting Instagram account. Those video clips are a good reminder for what can happen to us when we ride in busy areas with many cars. It's not worth it to ride in urban areas, not unless you have no choice due to your commute to work.
I just watched that one clip,I didn’t realize there were so many others, pretty scary stuff.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
641 Posts
Yup, those accidents sent chills down my spine; especially, the ones where cars/trucks suddenly showed up.

Anyway, I finally installed the No-cut Shogun Frame Slider on my 2005 CBR1000RR. I bought them last year !

·
Registered
569 Posts
Made a modified latch for the rear seat cover to bypass the lock! Already have keyless ignition and keyless gas cap so it made no sense to keep the key for the rear seat cover. Saves a few ounces over the OEM steel assembly. Seat cover snaps on and off securely with no need for key.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's nice! You own a mill? I wonder if a 3D printed version of that would stand up....
Yes. It was cheaper to buy a mill/lathe than to pay machine shop $75 each time for a small custom part I need. 3D print might work, but for other stuff like wheel spacers and misc. mounting brackets it won't hold up well under engine heat.

Reactions: HP17

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes. It was cheaper to buy a mill/lathe than to pay machine shop $75 each time for a small custom part I need. 3D print might work, but for other stuff like wheel spacers and misc. mounting brackets it won't hold up well under engine heat.
Wish I had space for a mill and lathe. I have a "mini mill" at work and it does OK, would make a part like this no problem.
Yea PLA does not like heat, but it does great otherwise. My 3D printed tail tidy kit has held up to speeds up to 170 :)

241 - 260 of 260 Posts