Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
686 Posts
Added the R&G Aero Sliders and the right side of the engine guard. It was quite painful but I finally completed after 3-4 days of ON/OFF working on it.
I cannot but admit it: fairing fitting and re-installing is not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
686 Posts
I was thinking of getting these frame sliders, how do you like them?
I have not crashed or dropped the bike yet (hope never) with those sliders so I really do not know how they will perform.

In terms of installations, the instructions left a bad taste in the mouth. It's best to view the PDF on an iPad while you are installing it. The printed hardcopy sucks because the pictures were black+white and can't really see it well and the font was super tiny.

Other than that, they are just a pair of sliders: nothing fancy.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
I have not crashed or dropped the bike yet (hope never) with those sliders so I really do not know how they will perform.

In terms of installations, the instructions left a bad taste in the mouth. It's best to view the PDF on an iPad while you are installing it. The printed hardcopy sucks because the pictures were black+white and can't really see it well and the font was super tiny.

Other than that, they are just a pair of sliders: nothing fancy.
Are yours no cut sliders, the ones that come with the small fairing?

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
686 Posts
Are yours no cut sliders, the ones that come with the small fairing?
It's a small black plastic piece that replaced the OEM piece underneath the main fairing so that the Slider has enough space.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Yes, that's correct.
So, you have installed it?
No haven’t installed it, or even purchased it, just read up on them, they make a no cut and cut version, the no cut are expensive, because of the fairing, kind of look likes the fairing are 3D printed.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
686 Posts
Bought & installed rear hugger

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not today but Zero Gravity double bubble light smoke windscreen.
For my 5'7" self it works well for sitting up highway cruising and getting out of the windstream when in a tuck. Fitment is not perfect but its OK.

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
686 Posts
Bought and installed SW-Motech DayPack Tank Bag ... very functional and handsome bag.
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

261 - 275 of 275 Posts