Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Hi Guy n Gals. Since this Bike was purchased wrecked and stripped I've going forwards then backwards on harness and nomenclature getting things sorted out. Today after testing the ebay speedo headlight and tip sensor II removed it all. I also tested the harness tip delete Jumper. Everything checks out. Removed the airbox installed a set of plugs that I didn't like ( champion race) only thing available while on my parts run. Hit the button she runs. Removed radiator mounts to straighten them up gotta put it all back so I can test fit my Auctmart plastics. Still in the box. As you can see there is tons left to do..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
You did check that the frame structure is not bent or compromised in anyway, I hope.
I did that before I spent the first Dollar on ebay. Somebody likely the original owner loved on this machine. It was obvious by the kind of remnants I found in addition to the chrome lower tree clamp this frame and swingarm are powder coated. Once I'm done fitting, I will have to decide how I want clean up. Choices redoo the P.C. or frame skins. It's a straight bike. I'm surprised these carbon fiber coated wheels were still on it. Likely because the tires are shot. Even the chain and sprockets are 90%. She's a keeper.

Reactions: J D and arthurY

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Today I did an unboxing. My own version. UT it out and put it on the table. Today is headlight Butcher Block day!
Wood Flooring Rectangle Packing materials Tints and shades
Automotive tire Automotive design Table Motor vehicle Market

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Ive noticed this Flame thing is quite popular.. is this a by product of valve timing or some kind of add on?
at the drags its common but I dont recall seeing much of it on the street if at all. Looks really cool!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive noticed this Flame thing is quite popular.. is this a by product of valve timing or some kind of add on?
at the drags its common but I dont recall seeing much of it on the street if at all. Looks really cool!
I know nothing about Honda tuning, but it is tuned (Expert v2.0).

It has a full Ti Akro exhaust with no catalytic converter, so straight pipe from header to muffler.

On my 781 rwhp Camaro SS, my wife was behind me once and said she seen flames. Also LT's, straight pipes to mufflers with no catalytic converters.

So I'd say it's partially the tune (how it's fueled between WOT, shifts and deceleration) and having straight pipes.

Catalytic converters are there to burn unburnt fuel basically, so I'd think the flame from burning fuel wouldn't make it out of the muffler as a result.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Today I took the rear off as tracking shows the new rear tray will be here Wednesday - Friday sometime. Looks all shameful with no pannies on. Poor ting🤔 wish the chain an sprockets were here.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Road surface Rolling

Reactions: J D

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Today I cut the metal backing plates for my 06 projector beam system. Removed the adjuster plates from the reflectors and mounted them on the plates. will munt them tomorrow and throw up a couple pics!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Today I cut the metal backing plates for my 06 projector beam system. Removed the adjuster plates from the reflectors and mounted them on the plates. will munt them tomorrow and throw up a couple pics!
Finally got the work done in the shop for the day. Mounted the adjuster brackets to the projector beam adapter plates. I could see paying $100 buck for a couple small pieces of sheet metal. Just gotta clean em up and prep for the powder ovens.
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Hand tool Hardwood
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been spending a good bit of time fixing up my '05 1000RR after a 100mph track lowside last season. All things considered it did pretty well. The Sharkskinz got worn through in a few places, the (brand new) rearset got screwed, and a clipon bent.

New Vortex rearset installed, upgraded to Bonamici clipons, and I plan to do some fiberglass work on the fairings when it warms up a bit. Also need to bleed the clutch. Should be back to her former glory in time for my next trackday in April.

(former glory...taken ~45 seconds before wrecking)
Tire Wheel Helmet Sports gear Vehicle

Also, is there a preferred section for build threads? Not sure if they just go in general or what.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Hi Guys. I forgot I had made this Vid for some guys with an electrical problem. turns out they were kinda FOS so I blew it off and forgot about the vid . due to 5+ ft of snow outside I decided to clean up files & pics and came across it again. it shows a good bit of my messes and the powder coated cbr I got in trade for a lawn mower deck.
Hope all are well safe etc, its pretty wicked nasty outside and headed down to -30f tonight. Be Seein ya!

281 - 300 of 327 Posts