Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I have two cbr1000rr both are 2008. One is my daily drive and the other will be a track bike. Just started to take the track bike apart to prepare for track.
Yellow and black will be set for track.

Spoiled Rotten , Really? I mean Who Owns Just 2 when you can 5 or 6, ( mutters something un printable).
Way to do it, Ride Safe!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Last 2 Sub fairing parts L & R rears came today. started prep to reassemble this beast.
New Lasthe and Mill supposed to get here tues or weds\. if they do I going to mill out a pair of lowering blocks for the rear end and the rear sub frame to drop the seat a smidge. PREPPIN PREPPIN PREPPIN PREPPIN. MEASURING AN PREPPIN SMORE!

·
Registered
2016 CBR1000RR
67 Posts
hey man appreciate the vid. I ain’t been that balls deep in a bike since I was messing with F3s back in the day. It’s sweet to see what it takes for Humpty Dumpty and all the kings men to put that shiz back together again….be watching for the updates fella…

·
Registered
2016 CBR1000RR
67 Posts
I got these R&G traction pads. They are super functional and grip like a muh but I really ain’t feeling the logo on them. It just stands out and I don’t like the way they look. (I know I know I didn’t put them on for aesthetics. They def do the job. Just wished it was a cleaner look)anyone have any suggestions of a brand that works well and looks a lil cleaner?
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I got these R&G traction pads. They are super functional and grip like a muh but I really ain’t feeling the logo on them. It just stands out and I don’t like the way they look. (I know I know I didn’t put them on for aesthetics. They def do the job. Just wished it was a cleaner look)anyone have any suggestions of a brand that works well and looks a lil cleaner?

Looks pretty nice, but at my age I can't be trusted....

Reactions: HP17

·
Registered
08 CBR 1000rr
24 Posts
Installed some rear sets and a gear indicator.
Speedometer Trip computer Light Odometer Tachometer

will post rear set pictures tomorrow since this project took longer than expected and it’s now dark out. I’m decent at cars but I’m a noob when it comes to working on bikes.
Possibly installing a Woolich racing quick shifter tomorrow if I can figure it out

·
Registered
08 CBR 1000rr
24 Posts
Installed some rear sets and a gear indicator.
View attachment 264548
will post rear set pictures tomorrow since this project took longer than expected and it’s now dark out. I’m decent at cars but I’m a noob when it comes to working on bikes.
Possibly installing a Woolich racing quick shifter tomorrow if I can figure it out
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle

Yesterdays project. Todays project is getting it working

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Not bad at all for nooblits!. We all was a noob at 1 time or another. For in the beginning there were only Noobs with dreams, then along came a bike!😂😂

Reactions: Littlebill

·
Registered
'18 CBR1000RR SP
753 Posts
Wow ... it has been 2 years with my SP ... just completed the flushing of both front and rear brake fluids.
Did it for my '05 CBR as well ... including the hydraulic clutch

Reactions: J D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had 2 days on the tools to fix up my 06 blade and tick some things off the list while i had the fairings off. Have only has her for less than a year, and finally got around to giving it the attention it needs.
  • Installed heated grips for the upcomming winter riding
  • Changed front and rear rotors and brakes to deal with a shudder under heavy braking
  • Installed new rear tail light with integrated turn signals to allow me to remove the old ones
  • Changed front turn signals for low profile aftermarkets
  • Changed clutch and brake levers
  • Installed crash knobs
  • Used aluminium tape to fix up splits in the heat sheilding
  • Detailed clean and polish, and some new plastic clips and bolts to replace missing.

A snapped rotor bolt and 15 years of dirt and grime made the job harder than it needed to be, but i'm super happy with the final product. Almost don't want to take it out tommorow and let the bugs ruin the new clean look!

Also swapped out the main seat for another 2nd hand one that wasn't sun-damaged and hard, and swapped the rear for a cowl.

The tyre shine in the last photo was for cleaning up some metal- did not use on tyres!

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

301 - 320 of 327 Posts