Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
361 - 380 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered Vortex sprockets(-1, +1)and a new rk gold chain to match the rims. Now she's almost completely black w gold. I'm stuck on the peg brackets now, apparently they made two different versions of the front peg brackets/rearset/footrest/whatever you want to call it. The other one has another bolt hole that the other 06 style does not. Here are links with pics of both. Any help is much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Today I installed one of the very first mods on my new bike. One of the first ones I ordered.
But… It took a good while to arrive. So, it’s now one of the last and final mods to be done.
Gilles Tooling rearsets.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

Did you try to Leave a comment?
Pretty sure that person was trying to get their post count up. So when they asked me to “contact their friend” for a part I wanted, they’d look legit. I hope I’m wrong but.. doesn’t look good. Blank empty comments and others with one or two words on a brand new account.
They must think we’re dumb.

First of all. I have no idea what you shut down my account for. I have been answering comments on theads when I see them. And I didn't give out any email on the forum? What are you talking about !?What is you problem?

Fuck this stupid forum. Mostly a bunch of assholes and bots. I'm done.
I wasn’t talking about you

Pretty sure that person was trying to get their post count up. So when they asked me to “contact their friend” for a part I wanted, they’d look legit. I hope I’m wrong but.. doesn’t look good. Blank empty comments and others with one or two words on a brand new account.
They must think we’re dumb.
I was taking about Vince52. To you. I thought he was phishing. So I replied to you, to try and let you know. And I’m not an Admin so I can’t shut down your account or comments or anything.
Also, relax man. lol
I was trying to look out for you. Not come after you. Jesus man

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
Today I installed one of the very first mods on my new bike. One of the first ones I ordered.
But… It took a good while to arrive. So, it’s now one of the last and final mods to be done.
Gilles Tooling rearsets.
View attachment 265880
View attachment 265879
View attachment 265877
View attachment 265878
Which chain adjusters did you get? I've been looking for some but can't find any for the SC77 for some reason. Do they use the same adjusters and the previous gen?

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Which chain adjusters did you get? I've been looking for some but can't find any for the SC77 for some reason. Do they use the same adjusters and the previous gen?
There’s Bonamici and Gilles.
I’m running Gilles at this time.
All for SC77.
Not easy to find at all.
Try Moto-D for the Bonamici

Well, I don't know about all that drama, but your bike is looking fantastic man. I love Gilles, well worth the price of entry if you've got it.
It was all a big stupid misunderstanding.
No harm, no foul.
And the scammer phisher guys been banned.
Lol
And, thanks man. I am quite happy with them so far. They have taken a little getting used to, as they are so different than the OEM pegs and foot controls.

Today I installed a SC Project exhaust:
Almost done !
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
I think I’m the only one posting in this thread…
Lol
Oh well:
Today I mounted a dozen pieces of Pro Bolt USA blue titanium hardware to my bike.
Front brake caliper mount bolts, front axle pinch bolts and triple tree clip on bolts. Those last ones were a bit tricky with the giant digital torque wrench and the 145 torx socket… here’s a few pix
Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
Oh wow! What all are you doing to your bike? Deep in surgery !
Pulling the EVAP and secondary air systems, deleting the cat, 15/45 sprockets, 520 chain, pirellis with a 200/55 rear tire, ECU re-flash to account for the changes, samco hoses and engine ice for the winter, and finally some sato rear sets… I miss having GP shift haha

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Pulling the EVAP and secondary air systems, deleting the cat, 15/45 sprockets, 520 chain, pirellis with a 200/55 rear tire, ECU re-flash to account for the changes, samco hoses and engine ice for the winter, and finally some sato rear sets… I miss having GP shift haha
So sick! I waited over a month for my Samco hoses and clamps. They finally arrive tomorrow.
I almost went up to a 44 or 45 sprocket, but my mechanics told me it would fuck with my accuracy in my miles per hour gauge and reading. I’m sure you have a solution for that.
I also waited months for my rear sets that finally arrived and got installed, so satisfying!
I ran engine ice only, in my Yamaha. I was thinking about putting it in my Honda. These are dirt bikes by the way.
The Sato Racing stuff is beautiful. I keep ordering from them. Today I got about 4 of their different sized brackets. I’m using them for brake reservoir mounting, front and back.
I see great minds think a like! LOL
I was thinking about sending my ECU to Moore Mafia. Who do you use?
Also, I’m selling a brand new Two Bros. slip on exhaust. S1R 3K Carbon. In case you might need it? It was mounted, heat cycled a few times. And taken on a test drive or two. Then I pulled it. It probably has less than 2 miles on it.
I’ve also been doing a bunch of studying about a cat delete. What were you able to resource for a mid pipe?

Jeez that’s a lotta questions ! Lol
Automotive design Font Gadget Auto part Audio equipment

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
So sick! I waited over a month for my Samco hoses and clamps. They finally arrive tomorrow.
I almost went up to a 44 or 45 sprocket, but my mechanics told me it would fuck with my accuracy in my miles per hour gauge and reading. I’m sure you have a solution for that.
I also waited months for my rear sets that finally arrived and got installed, so satisfying!
I ran engine ice only, in my Yamaha. I was thinking about putting it in my Honda. These are dirt bikes by the way.
The Sato Racing stuff is beautiful. I keep ordering from them. Today I got about 4 of their different sized brackets. I’m using them for brake reservoir mounting, front and back.
I see great minds think a like! LOL
I was thinking about sending my ECU to Moore Mafia. Who do you use?
Also, I’m selling a brand new Two Bros. slip on exhaust. S1R 3K Carbon. In case you might need it? It was mounted, heat cycled a few times. And taken on a test drive or two. Then I pulled it. It probably has less than 2 miles on it.
I’ve also been doing a bunch of studying about a cat delete. What were you able to resource for a mid pipe?

Jeez that’s a lotta questions ! Lol
View attachment 265985
Sato indeed makes good stuff. I'll have to checkout their brackets too. I got their shift spindle holder since you mentioned it actually did improve shift feel. Stoked to throw it on.

I've got a few answers to your questions...
  • Sprocket and tire size changes can be hard coded into the ECU, which requires it to be flashed. This whole tear down started because I blew my rear tire and wanted to get a 200/55 rear... figured if I'm getting the ECU flashed for the tire, might as well do sprockets, delete the cat, and upgrade the flash. :)
  • You'll be fine with Engine Ice or Water Wetter on the street bike. I always ran water with Water Wetter in California, but here in Utah I need something that can handle below freezing temps and is okay to use on the track, Engine Ice fits both of those needs.
  • Danos and Moore are great choices for solid ECU flashes. Although I got my ECU flashed by the gentleman in Texas since he can hard code sprocket and tire sizes into the ECU.
  • Check out the Dominator cat delete. I believe it's a Polish company, but they have an ebay store front and ship fast. It's a decent $100 solution since Akrapovic headers have been out of stock every where.
I appreciate the offer on the 2 Bros. I'm pretty happy with my M4 can at the moment though. I'm sure someone will pick it up quick on ebay or the buy/sell section here.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Sato indeed makes good stuff. I'll have to checkout their brackets too. I got their shift spindle holder since you mentioned it actually did improve shift feel. Stoked to throw it on.

I've got a few answers to your questions...
  • Sprocket and tire size changes can be hard coded into the ECU, which requires it to be flashed. This whole tear down started because I blew my rear tire and wanted to get a 200/55 rear... figured if I'm getting the ECU flashed for the tire, might as well do sprockets, delete the cat, and upgrade the flash. :)
  • You'll be fine with Engine Ice or Water Wetter on the street bike. I always ran water with Water Wetter in California, but here in Utah I need something that can handle below freezing temps and is okay to use on the track, Engine Ice fits both of those needs.
  • Danos and Moore are great choices for solid ECU flashes. Although I got my ECU flashed by the gentleman in Texas since he can hard code sprocket and tire sizes into the ECU.
  • Check out the Dominator cat delete. I believe it's a Polish company, but they have an ebay store front and ship fast. It's a decent $100 solution since Akrapovic headers have been out of stock every where.
I appreciate the offer on the 2 Bros. I'm pretty happy with my M4 can at the moment though. I'm sure someone will pick it up quick on ebay or the buy/sell section here.
Awesome man.
Thanks for all the killer info!
You rock.
Check out my first Sato bracket.
I went to do a little test fit, and before I knew it? 25 different things came together like a dream! I went to bend the bracket and it practically bent itself and this is a diagonal bend! Then the OEM bolt that holds the reservoir to the bracket wouldn’t go through the hole and I realized that even though I ordered unthreaded brackets they sent me a threaded bracket. And by some miracle of God, the bracket threads fit the OEM reservoir bolt perfectly! Since installing my PUIG windscreen, my brake reservoir with Gilles billet cap has been slightly rubbing against my faring and windscreen. Now with the new bracket, it doesn’t rub anymore:
So my little test fitting turned into a done job in a few short glorious minutes. LOL! Here take a look…
as well as it did go? I used microfiber cloth between my pliers and the bracket, but I still managed to put a little chunk in the bracket! Oh well for all the things that went right I’m not gonna let that bother me…
For now!

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
Yes exactly. They’re basically meant to be bent if needed. But they say, don’t bend them too much or they will break!
And that seems obvious enough…
Makes sense, plastic (non-elastic) deformation of a metal results in work hardening at the site of deformation so while the metal becomes harder, it also becomes more brittle and prone to breaking.

That’s from repeated bending though, bending it a couple times to get it in place is totally fine. And that Sato gold anodizing looks more fantastic the more I look at it.

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
Makes sense, plastic (non-elastic) deformation of a metal results in work hardening at the site of deformation so while the metal becomes harder, it also becomes more brittle and prone to breaking.

That’s from repeated bending though, bending it a couple times to get it in place is totally fine. And that Sato gold anodizing looks more fantastic the more I look at it.
I’m well pleased with the results.
Rear brake res with new lines, a small Sato bracket and these awesome mini anodized hose clamps are next. Just waiting for a couple small pieces to come in… Waiting impatiently, that is! LOL
My mechanic installed this anodized rear brake reservoir for me. But the design is different and the line comes out the bottom straight down and not at an angle like the OEM piece. So it resulted in him using a different line because he didn’t want to cut my OEM line and it looks big and ugly and clumsy. So I ordered some red brake hose line from Summit made by Wilwood. Shown in two separate listings as red but when it arrived it’s black and it turns out it’s only available in black. So now some other red lines have come in.
White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Vision care Eyewear Font Circle Jewellery

Automotive lighting Gas Electric blue Auto part Cable

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts

Part way through the rear rezzy uograde.
Unfortunately my trick little ano clamps aren’t here yet:
Sh*t is like drugs 🤦🏻
here’s the mini Sato I mentioned

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Blue Automotive design

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
91 Posts
That makes me want more Sato brackets even though I don't need them yet LOL. I did order a Pro-Bolt drain plug and measuring tool so I can start swapping all of my unsprung and rotating mass hardware to titanium. :D

PSA to anyone doing a PAIR / secondary air system delete. Order replacement PAIR valve bolts (SC77 part: 90004-GHB-650) BEFORE you start, not 1 week before your next track day as you're putting everything back together.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 CBR1000RR ABS
110 Posts
That makes me want more Sato brackets even though I don't need them yet LOL. I did order a Pro-Bolt drain plug and measuring tool so I can start swapping all of my unsprung and rotating mass hardware to titanium. :D

PSA to anyone doing a PAIR / secondary air system delete. Order replacement PAIR valve bolts (SC77 part: 90004-GHB-650) BEFORE you start, not 1 week before your next track day as you're putting everything back together.
View attachment 266010
So smart!
I wish my well planed, ordered ahead of time parts would arrive in a timely manner. Summit Racing got me two different orders delivered in under 24 hours. Each! Titan sent my little clamps 1st class USPS and they took a week. Still not here. So my bike is sitting, waiting for the tiniest part, to be back up and on.

Reminds me of an old Japanese proverb…
“For the want of a nail, the war was lost”
For the want of a nail,
the horse could not be shoed.
Because the horse could not be shoed,
the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the battle was lost.
Because the battle was lost, the war was lost,
For the want of a nail…

361 - 380 of 381 Posts