Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

What did you DO for your 1000RR today?

60K views 672 replies 107 participants last post by  Ces One 
#1 ·
Admin edit:

Tell us what you did for your CBR1K today, to give others’ ideas.. :love:

J D

#302 ·
I have two cbr1000rr both are 2008. One is my daily drive and the other will be a track bike. Just started to take the track bike apart to prepare for track.
Yellow and black will be set for track.

Spoiled Rotten , Really? I mean Who Owns Just 2 when you can 5 or 6, ( mutters something un printable).
Way to do it, Ride Safe!

Reactions: Flex01
#3 ·
Installed T-Rex frame sliders, front axle sliders and a Scorpion GP slip on and removed the servo cables. Servo buddy is here, so I will be removing the servo motor completely.

Is it my idea, or is the bike SO MUCH BETTER in low RPMs without the flapper? To me, it does have more go on low RPMs, and I’m thinking the servo was hindering low RPM drivability and was there for sound reduction only.

Above all, the bike looks so much better and cleaner, and a few LBs off don’t hurt either.

Also changed the 2 year+ old oil that came in the new bike at 300mi to be on the safe side. Will still do another change after 600mi.

Also wrapped the rear hugger in red CF vinyl wrap. My 1st wrap ever, not perfect on some edges, but it looks good (obviously not in the pic).

#4 ·
Installed a Scorpion GP slip on and removed the servo cables. Servo buddy is here, so I will be removing the servo motor completely.

Is it my idea, or is the bike SO MUCH BETTER in low RPMs without the flapper? To me, it does have more go on low RPMs, and I’m thinking the servo was hindering low RPM drivability and was there for sound reduction only.

Looks great, I'm sure it sounds great too! But yeah its is just your idea...or a placebo effect...always happens when putting on a slip on. The bike runs better with the exhaust flapper, from down low, up through the midrange. Less hesitation and surging, much better steady cruising throttle, and better acceleration. Just my .02

Open to correction though!

#9 ·
I had PR3’s on my Street Triple, did also 3 track days on them. Shredded them to the shoulders and I was pleasantly surprised how well they did at the track. However, I did start finding their limitations for the track the better I got. No blame here. I put Q3+ on the Street Triple and that is some good rubber, obviously not to last long.

The PR3’s have 3.5K on them by me, unknown how many more since they came with the used Street Triple, 3 track days, and look about 70% new.

Removed servo motor completely and plugged servo buddy. As it is right now, Tail tidy, tank grips and rear sliders pending.

just finish installing my 2018 motor on my 2009 frame and electronics.

#16 ·
The matte black is VERY easy to keep clean. My Tiger is also matte black, and the non glossy surface gets no oily residue and fingerprints, and wipes off easily with a spray on detailer.
I've had a '15 ZX-14R matte since new, and it's been super-easy to keep clean. I've only used the Honda spray wax on it, which works perfectly. I much prefer the matte on your moto though, color-wise. >:)

#18 ·
New Shock

I installed a "new" to me rear shock from a 2015 CBR1000 in my 2009 model. Shock had 5000miles on it, compared to mine which had 32000 and i got it for about $70 :)

Since the new shock weighs a lbs or so more than the old one, I decided to also replace my stock batterie with an antigravity Lithium Ion battery to compensate :grin2: That saves me about 5lbs or so.

Can't wait for spring :crying:

Attachments

#21 ·
Not today, but a March- total. 2008 track/race bike updates include:

-Refresh rear shock - Penske
-K-tech fork kit to replace stock forks with Penske valving
-Lees Cycle rear link
-Lees Cycle velocity stacks
-Akrapovic full race system
-Motion Pro throttle
-2015 SP engine, harness, dash, ECU
-Thin head gasket and cams times, manual tensioner
-Vortex bars, lever guards, domino grips

Bike already had Bazzaz ZFI/TC/QS. Dropped the bike off yesterday at the dyno for pump and MR12 maps.

Attachments

#25 ·
I got a complete new set of fairings for my 2005 CBR1000rr from Auctmarts. Removed the old fairings and added the new fairings over the weekend. In the middle when I had all the fairings off, I also changed out the air filters and spark plugs... YIKES!!!. Took
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing
Vehicle Motorcycle Mountainous landforms Mountain range Mode of transport
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motorcycle racer
it out for a shakedown ride today....all is well.

Here is a before and after....
Before....

After....

Shakedown today....

I actually like both graphics, just needed a change. Third set of Auctmarts fairings.

#29 ·
Hey guys I may be in wrong thread but I am looking for this left side faring in this color can any one help if they have it I’ll buy it used 05 Honda cbr 1000
Took mine for a nice long ride! The weather was beautiful in Ohio today! View attachment 258519
[/QUOTE
Nice bike . Had question I am looking for that left side fairing in that color u know where I can find it used on here if so let me know thank u