Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1167 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
How are you liking the seat, Jay? I've heard mixed reviews...
I really like it man to be honest. I couldn't imagine what people could not like about it. It's way more comfortable than the factory seat, fits better than the factory seat and looks way better. There might be softer ones on the market but overall I'd definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I installed a ek chain and sprockets. -1 front plus 2 in the back. Along with the speedodrd chip to correct my speedometer. Still have to change my front Pilot 3 on monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rode 300 miles today. Springs to Woodland Park, Deckers, Pine, 285 to Denver, then up to 70. Rode to Silverthrone gassed up then back through the Eisenhower tunnel, back through horrible traffic to the Springs. About a 5 1/2 hour ride. I notice I need to tweak the suspension, mostly the rear. Since I never have messed with suspension settings in the past I noticed I know I need more rebound speed. I’ll try a little compression and more rebound. Awesome day today!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I really like it man to be honest. I couldn't imagine what people could not like about it. It's way more comfortable than the factory seat, fits better than the factory seat and looks way better. There might be softer ones on the market but overall I'd definitely recommend it.
Dope! Thanks man. Some ppl have said they don't like it in comparison to the same model from other bikes they've owned. To each his/her own I guess. I know the stock seat is not the comfy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
LOL - You guys should try riding a few hundred miles on a road bicycle with a 6" wide unpadded leather saddle. The next time you sit on that stock CBR seat you'll think it feels like a La-Z-Boy lounger.
BWAHAHAHA! I bet! I use to road bike with some other fellas in my neighborhood. I felt like I was still sitting on the seat hours after the ride ended...sometimes days depending on when the last time I biked was lol. You're right about that though; the CBR seat will feel like a million bucks after being on that bicycle seat for a ride!

·
Ex-Everything
6,153 Posts
LOL - You guys should try riding a few hundred miles on a road bicycle with a 6" wide unpadded leather saddle. The next time you sit on that stock CBR seat you'll think it feels like a La-Z-Boy lounger.
Truth, the stock seat is more than cushy enough.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sold my 1000rr last week. As much fun as it was, I had to let it go. It was holding me back from learning. Bought '15 Grom that Im gonna be building out for a dual purpose street / race bike. Also some spare cash to finish my SV650 track build.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Truth, the stock seat is more than cushy enough.
I always have felt like I was sitting on top of the bike whereas with other machines I felt like I sat in it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Received my Honda E-cushion energy seat earlier this week and finally got around to installing it on my '08. The OEM seat was OK but after 10 years of sitting out in the sun and occasional rain while at work, etc., it started cracking and I decided to replace it. I like the "CBR" on the cover.

I rode it to work today. It felt pretty nice but I haven't had a chance to take it for a long ride yet, although I never complained about long rides with the OEM seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cleaning air filter, so decided to install RACE OIL CATCH/BREATHER TANK.(TSR copy of HRC)

https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=248059&thumb=1

With air filter accessible all I had to do was remove velocity stacks and lower air box, no removing throttle bodies :clap: Removed metal bracket in front of crankcase breather tube(not sure what the hell it was for other than air box rested on it)

https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=248061&thumb=1
https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=248063&thumb=1

Didn't think the catch can would fit, but snugs in there just fine

.https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=248065&thumb=1
https://www.1000rr.net/forums/1000rr-general-discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=248067&thumb=1

My bike is track only, and never had much oil residue inside airbox from crank breather, but if HRC added this to there kit parts, maybe it is beneficial in sbk motors. Guess I'll have to now do a sbk motor build in order for my newly installed part to work at it's optimal performance:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Nice add-on - always great to install purpose built features and upgrades.

TSR is one of HRCs custom part supplier so some of the HRC catch cans are actually TSR sourced so no need to apologize to people - That's an HRC setup you got there :beer::D

HRC rarely makes any of the kit parts and farms many of them all out to cottage engineering companies around Japan.
That's why they are priced so high.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Finally got around to installing my Stompgrips. Now, I can’t wait for them to break in. Theyll hurt for awhile until that happens.

·
Registered
30 Posts
when I would start my engine it would make a pretty good puff of smoke. So I changed my valve stem seals. After doing that my thoughts about it are "a little puff of smoke isn't that bad".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ha! I've done the valve stem seals on a few Ducs. That was a chore. I can only imagine how much "fun" it can be on our bikes.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wheeled it around to the basement for its annual 5 month long nap. Temps got up to 60*F today and so I added some Stabil to the tank, rode around for a few miles in short sleeves to let it all mix and then parked it for the upcoming winter. It is supposed to snow in two days, with a low temp of 14*F, so the decent riding weather is nearing an end anyway.

1121 - 1140 of 1167 Posts