Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1241 - 1256 of 1256 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Ceramic coat, schmeramic coat...back in my day (after we got through walking uphill both ways to school through the snow!) we just used to use Rain-X on everything lol
Then again we also used Slick-50 engine treatment on anything with gears so don't take anything I say too seriously :ROFLMAO::LOL:.
For alot of bike owners ceramic coating is overkill. For us daily commuters and wanna be weekend warriors done modding with nothing left to do but ride its a good weekend project and gives some garage therapy with the bike.
If you wax your bike why not just ceramic coat it? It's the difference between buying and installing cheap tires cuz they are tires and will get you by or getting a high end tire with much higher performance and in this case longevity.
I do see your point though, just ride the damn bike!

·
Registered
206 Posts
My truck was ceramic coated when I bought it , it's some really great stuff I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 white it still looks awesome after 2 years.

·
Super-Moderator
537 Posts
Make sure you ceramic coat your helmet and visor as well. Makes cleaning off bug guts so much easier. To date I have not even 'washed' my bike. I use a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dawn dish soap. Spritz the fairings, wheels, helmet and wipe with a microfiber cloth. Good as new!
Awesome advice, thank you!

Ceramic coat, schmeramic coat...back in my day (after we got through walking uphill both ways to school through the snow!) we just used to use Rain-X on everything lol
Then again we also used Slick-50 engine treatment on anything with gears so don't take anything I say too seriously :ROFLMAO::LOL:.
Oh I hear you, after spending a few years in auto Fi, I saw all the bs cure-all’s, believe me.
Ceramic coating is an actual glass, (silicate), coating, it is real, not some racket like Slick 50, haha.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How can you walk uphill both ways? :D:D:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am still waiting for parts after the track spill 3 weeks ago. I got some in, they were holding the big order for ONE part. Good thing I called them for an update. WTF, ship it and dont hold 39 parts (including knick knacks) for a signal switch... Should be coming Tuesday.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bike is almost done, need to put all fairings back tomorrow, and lights and mirrors.
New radiator, new left clipon and rubber handle/weights, new clutch/brake levers, foot brake lever, new coolant return line and thermostat coolant line, new front cowl stay, new signal switch are in. Reset front forks, took it for a spin, it is back.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bike is almost done, need to put all fairings back tomorrow, and lights and mirrors.
New radiator, new left clipon and rubber handle/weights, new clutch/brake levers, foot brake lever, new coolant return line and thermostat coolant line, new front cowl stay, new signal switch are in. Reset front forks, took it for a spin, it is back. View attachment 259006
Nice !!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Road back roads with a mixed-skills group, to a really good bbq joint, here in East Hampton, New York.
Wow! I'm going to apply for a Green Card just for one of those burgers.

Or I might just short-circuit the situation and see if Caitlin Jenner's on a dating site! Could get a free passage - erm, so to speak!:D

·
Super-Moderator
537 Posts
Wow! I'm going to apply for a Green Card just for one of those burgers.

Or I might just short-circuit the situation and see if Caitlin Jenner's on a dating site! Could get a free passage - erm, so to speak!:D
o_OBrisket, the other is pulled pork. Tasty stuff. Not sure what to tell ya about CJ though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last thread got large enough that we had to lock it down and start a new one!

post up what you have done for your bike today. help give others ideas on what to do with their bikes.
today i installed a Vortex 530 44t Blue Aluminum rear sprocket and ommfg i love it. Wheelie effortlessly and with launch control this bike is a dream machine now!

1241 - 1256 of 1256 Posts