Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about license plates on your bike from a looks point of view? Why i'm asking is that here in South Africa, the local government has past a new law now that our license plates must be the same size as that of the vehicle plates. According to the new law, the lettering must not be smaller than 60mm which means that we have to carry a plate the size of stop sign. If we don't have the correct size plates on our bikes, it will be impounded. I have seen on some of your guys pics that the plates you have in the US is not that big. Is there also a specific size your license plate have to be? My other question is that i don't have place on my 07 to put it. There is no license plate bracket. Can you send me some photos of your bike where you have the license plate on? :th_down:

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow! Harsh! I can't really help you there, but our license plates here in America are roughly 6 inches by 4 inches. In the U.S. they are all a standardized size.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
our plates are issued by the state and are standardized. Where do you go to get yours that you can have them made in different sizes?

·
Registered
127 Posts
our plates are absolutely ridiculous, and to make matters worse, they have now issued a new points system, whereby if found with out a plate - your bike is impounded and chucked in a yard to rot in the sun and rain.

My Land Rover plate is the same size-- now I drive a fuel injected brick -and have an air brake on my bike ---- :violent1:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts