Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

What is MotoGP?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  CBÄR 
#1 ·
So I get that Supersport is 600cc racing; Superstock is lightly modded liter bike racing; and Superbike is highly modded liter bike racing; but what is MotoGP?

Sorry if a lame question but I haven't been able to google it etc.

Thx :)

#4 ·
In world motorcycle racing, the FIM is the sanctioning body (similar to the AMA, I suppose). They watch over the World SuperSport and SuperBike races (production based 600cc & 1000cc bikes). They also watch over the GP races. Formerly, it was 125cc, 250cc, and 500cc two-stroke bikes making up the GP125, GP250, and GP500 classes. Because of the pollution laws, the two-stroke bikes are being phased out, and the first class they changed was the GP500 class, which is now the MotoGP class, and includes 4-stroke bikes (under 996cc?) as well as 2-stroke 500cc bikes (soon to be completely outlawed, and I don't think anyone still uses them).

#5 ·
What he said :) I think of them as prototype bikes that you and I can never ride but this is where the manufacturer's get their new technology from like the pro link suspension on the 1000rr. All the other classes are modified stock bikes. I think motogp is the most entertaining since It's the only class where I feel every manufacturer is putting their top rider's and best bikes and money. All the other classes are missing atleast 1-2 factory supported teams like in AMA Superbike there is no full factory Yamaha/kawasaki and in Superstock there is no full factory Honda or Ducati and I'm not sure if Spies (sp?) is a full factory rider either. Same with the 600 classes. Honda dominates formula extreme because they are the only Factory bikes in the field, and Yamaha dominates the Supersport. I would prefer just one class for each so we can see who's the best.

#10 ·
actually formula extreme is dominated by gxr 750's.At least it been in the prior years. These dam rules change so much i can't keep up. as a matter a fact yes honda is running in formula extreme.look for Ben spies to tommy hyaden to win the championship

#11 ·
yamaha_mike said:
So I get that Supersport is 600cc racing; Superstock is lightly modded liter bike racing; and Superbike is highly modded liter bike racing; but what is MotoGP?

Sorry if a lame question but I haven't been able to google it etc.

Thx :)

:lol:

All the shit you listed is like the minor leagues, actually AA ball. World Superbike is Triple A, and GP is the show, the major leagues. Protype bikes (used to be 500cc 2 smokers), 4 stroke, multi engine configs available. Tracks all over the world, hotter bitches holding the umbrellas. And the races are broadcast to countries all over the world. Think Formula one except it is bikes. :D

#13 ·
moto gp is...the shiznit

moto gp is where the best bikes each manufacture can make is fielded against the best of the others

there are vairing rules for wieghts and number of cylnders (more cyl=more min wieght) that can be stuffed into 990cc of 4str or 500cc of 2 str

it is by watching last weeks event the best show on 2 wheels...the thing is that there were several battles (edwards/hayden....caparossi/hayden) that wernt really show because of the insanity up front

expect more of this this year......phakasa is a somewhat yam friendly track that rossi loves

there are places that will show the weaknesses and strengths of each rider/bike...this one for once is wide open like it was in the days of garnder/lawson/rainey/doohan/schwantz

we are watching the new golden age of motorcycle racing

#15 ·
Im going to see next race in Jerez - Spain
Been two times at Hungary and once at Mugello - Italy

Medium price tickets like 70,00USD, but for examble two tickets by post here to Finland costs 43,00USD extra . .

In class of 125cc is two driver from here, Finland. Brothers M & V Kallio .. ..

:moped:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.