Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Faster Than You!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take the garbage rubber brake lines off and replace with some steel lines. Anyone have advice? I'm not finding much. Will the steel brake lines sold for the ABS model work?

·
BOTM Moderator
477 Posts
There was a thread about this a few months ago but I can't find it.

Hoping someone would add some names.. I might need a pair too.

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Yeah, I need SS lines shortly too, as I'm adding a Brembo RCS master. Tell us about yer brake lines!

I'm not ditching my ABS, just the fuse, for TD's.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have to recommend Galfer lines for their outstanding customer service. Have 4 different sets of lines from them and each time I had an issue they have helped me out.

Haven't tried any other brands but Goodridge makes a set if you insist on keeping the ABS.

Reactions: J D

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
I have to recommend Galfer lines for their outstanding customer service. Have 4 different sets of lines from them and each time I had an issue they have helped me out.

Haven't tried any other brands but Goodridge makes a set if you insist on keeping the ABS.
I’m not really up on the tech, but it’s my understanding that the abs is tied into the ride by wire, so I’d rather just leave it be, and fuse-pull for TD’s.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I want to upgrade the lines on my SC82 without removing ABS. Still disappointed Honda used rubber on their flagship.

@09_Blade what problems have you had? Good customer service is a great thing, but I prefer to buy things that never require me to contact customer support :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you are looking to buy some, have soe very lightly used HEL ABS lines here i would sell... located in the US as well

·
Registered
476 Posts
Weren't problems more like idiot mistakes on my part. One time I messed up a banjo by not rotating it like they show on the website. Sent me a new line as "limited warranty" discount even though it was obviously my fault.

Had some fittings on the SBK lines that had some corrosion (specifically stated not to use those lines for street) and they went me free fittings under "lifetime warranty."

Had some length issues because I was using aftermarket suspension and calipers and they helped me out again even though it was nothing wrong with their product.

Their CS is surprisingly quick to answer questions and honestly for something as important as brake lines I like buying from a company that has good service and can quickly resolve any concerns.

Reactions: able duc

·
BOTM Moderator
477 Posts

I was going to bring galfer up.

I found a few sellers on ebay, seller Galfer lines at a bit of a discount, compare to their own site.

Would you trust an ebay Galfer?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was going to bring galfer up.

I found a few sellers on ebay, seller Galfer lines at a bit of a discount, compare to their own site.

Would you trust an ebay Galfer?
It's all the same! Galfer will warranty literally any line bought from anywhere no matter how old it is so it does not make a difference.

You can often get a discount on Amazon by searching up the part number of the lines.

I know it sounds like I'm rooting for them I have no affiliation it's just that they've really taken care of me and least I could do is spread the word.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed Galfer on 2018 sp and kept abs. So far so good with about 80 miles on the new lines. Bought here and left review. I did have to rotate the banjo on 2 of the lines. Follow the Galfer video on this. It's easy to do. Master cylinder line worked but it my opinion needed an extra 1/2 to 1 inch would of been right on.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Hiya Rich,
Welcome..! Thanks for the great fotos.
I‘m looking to get these front lines, and pair them wt a Brembo RCS master.
Which vídeo are you referring to? Do I have to take the fairings off? Trying to avoid that. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya Rich,
Welcome..! Thanks for the great fotos.
I‘m looking to get these front lines, and pair them wt a Brembo RCS master.
Which vídeo are you referring to? Do I have to take the fairings off? Trying to avoid that. Thanks.
Galfer link:
I used vise grips with minimal pressure and towel to not damage the end and a pen to rotate them like he showed.

I think removing the 2 front side fairings and ducts helped a bunch for access but it's probably fine not to. Not a lot of room as you know lol.

Here's my review on motosport.com.

"2018 cbr1000rr sp (brembo with abs)

Second bike with these and they're great. The front master cylinder line was close/tight in length. Another 1/2 to 1 inch would of been great. I also had to rotate a few of the banjo ends. Galfer has instruction video on how to do this.
All in all worked out great and looks great. Feels better then stock rubber lines of course.
Few other tips, I removed the front fairings and air ducts which made for a much easier installation. Takes a little longer to bleed then older bike with no abs. Good youtube video to help the order of which to bleed. Take your time.
I actual did not drain the lines first before removing and installing the new lines. Going in the right order I had minimal leaking when removing the lines."

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts