Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good quick action throttle for road use with this 08 blade?

I ask because i dont want to buy one thats too harsh or not enough

thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Brad from Superbike supply has them. I just got one from him myself.

http://www.superbikesupply.com/index.php?method=ProductList&GroupsId=1634

Description: HRC quick action throttle kit to fit the CBR1000RR.
Included in kit:

1 x throttle housing tube
1 x throttle housing, top
1 x throttle housing, bottom
1 x throttle cable, front
1 x throttle cable, rear
2 x screws

This kit uses a 1/6 turn quick action to help you get on the power faster and prevent fatigue.

Direct replacements for the original throttle parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I really don't understand quick action throttles, when I'm in a turn I wan't the most control with my throttle hand that it can give; with a quick action it would numb my senses and spit me off into the sky! I would think stock would be good enough...No?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think it numbs the senses it just tightens the range of movement and slightly shifts the response curve. All the feel and everything is still there

·
K.C.C.O
17,685 Posts
HRC full kit, ensure you change everything and not get the partial from Fleagay

Call B-Rad @ superbikesupply for great service with speedy delivery

·
Registered
153 Posts
As it looks like you are in the UK I would try Padgetts ... they do all the HRC stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
One more item to call Brad for!! was not happy with the throttle on my last track day!!
Stock throttle blows. Re-adjusting for WOT sucks. The HRC makes the bike how it should have come stock.

·
Official Crash Tester
1,596 Posts
I really don't understand quick action throttles, when I'm in a turn I wan't the most control with my throttle hand that it can give; with a quick action it would numb my senses and spit me off into the sky! I would think stock would be good enough...No?
Your brain adjusts to the 1/6th turn almost immediately.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
HRC is good!

Robby Moto is the best! All billet aluminium, Comes with 4 different spools that range from standard to very short! (I like the shortest)

·
08 Feb BOTM, 09 Aug BOTM
7,262 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey -

Just love that HRC quick turn throttle; as for whether the bike should have come with it in the first place, maybe not.

First I got used to the bike in its stock state, then dropped a tooth on the counter shaft, got used to that, then added the ZBomb, got used to that, and then changed to the quick turn. Each change substantially improved the acceleration, apparent power, and made unintended wheel spin easier . . . . .

With these three changes, for me at least, the CBR1000RR is FF awesome. I admit freely - it is a better bike than I am a rider. I am still exploring, trying to find, its limits.

And by the way - Thanks Brad:thumbsup: fair price & quick ship, again.

http://www.superbikesupply.com/index.php?method=ProductList&GroupsId=1634

1 - 20 of 36 Posts