Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a quick picture after installing my exhaust, but realized that my clutch side cowl keeps disconnecting from my belly pan. The brake side also disconnects from the belly pan every so often, but not as much as the left.

Will velcro work or should I do something else here?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Is it a stock belly pan?

Remove the screw in the inner filler panel and push the tab on the bottom of that filler panel in the slot on top of the belly pan. Reinstall screw. That tab on the inner panel holds the fairing tight to the belly pan. I can see from the picture the tab on the right side isn't in the bellypan

Nevermind all that just noticed your belly pan slot is torn or damaged.
I would fill the slot from the bottom side with a plastic welder (or soldering gun, melt the plastic) to reshape the slot so it retains the tab on the inner panel

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a stock belly pan?

Remove the screw in the inner filler panel and push the tab on the bottom of that filler panel in the slot on top of the belly pan. Reinstall screw. That tab on the inner panel holds the fairing tight to the belly pan. I can see from the picture the tab on the right side isn't in the bellypan

Nevermind all that just noticed your belly pan slot is torn or damaged.
I would fill the slot from the bottom side with a plastic welder (or soldering gun, melt the plastic) to reshape the slot so it retains the tab on the inner panel
Wait, I didn't know it was torn / damaged. Is the slot on the belly pan damaged, or on the fairing?

I'll take a look today and post some better pics.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Wait, I didn't know it was torn / damaged. Is the slot on the belly pan damaged, or on the fairing?

I'll take a look today and post some better pics.
Could just be the quality of the photo but it looks like the slot on the top side of the lower belly pan is way too big and has a tear/rip in it.
The tab on the inner panel (that is attached to the side fairing) should fit tight in the slot on the belly pan. I have a hard time popping it apart even with the screw taken out of the inner panel that attaches it to the side fairing. I always remove this screw anytime I remove the side fairing so the inner panel tab doesn't damage the bellypan slot upon removal.
Post some decent pictures of the slot you have circled in the original picture

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nothing some Gorilla or TREX tape on the inside cannot fix. It is cheap, you wont see it, and it will work.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys. I fixed it.

The tab on the inside was supposed to be secured by a tapping screw. Mine must have somehow fallen out. They are a 4x12 tapping screw. I popped them in and they are now secure and good to go! Thanks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts