Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey great site....just came from the dealer...

trading up my zx6r for something better.... for my personal reasons, I narrowed it down to three 04 bikes... cbr1000rr, ninja zx12r, and hayabusa 1300.... (picked those three for looks, speed, and some balance of comfort..)

was told the cbr1000rr was wheelie prone in 1st & 2nd...not good for daily street use.... and the hayabuse is a bit too bubbly... please reply, otherwise I'll go with the zx12r....

really like the cbr1000rr and will give myself till next weekend to make my decision..

thanks!

sicdave

·
Serial Killer
2,058 Posts
Whoever told you the 1000RR is wheelie pron is mistaken. The ZX10 is the one that has trouble keeping the front end down. I've put over 400 miles on my RR, and it has yet to even THINK about raising the front tire. Go with what you like though. The Busa, though ugly, is a damn comfortable bike, as is the ZX12.

·
Registered
526 Posts
WHEELIE PRONE?????????
Uh no. No. And oh yeah...No.
I've put 1200 miles on my baby and no wheelies yet. Havent tried but I have been flogging it pretty good, well past what I couldve done on my F4i. This thing is planted.
If you want to do wheelies you certainly can.
Whoever told you its wheelie prone has never ridden one.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The bike can absolutely do wheelies in first and second, but not unless you are trying to. I've ham-fisted the hell out of the throttle, and it stays planted far better than my 929 did, and this bike's got an extra 25-30 ponies.

You probably will want to be honest with what you will be using the bike for though, as it is a totally different ride than what the Busa and ZX-12 will give you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
IronNutz said:
The bike can absolutely do wheelies in first and second, but not unless you are trying to. I've ham-fisted the hell out of the throttle, and it stays planted far better than my 929 did, and this bike's got an extra 25-30 ponies.

You probably will want to be honest with what you will be using the bike for though, as it is a totally different ride than what the Busa and ZX-12 will give you.
same goes compared to my 900RR - all i had to do was snap the throttle a tad and the front lifted at almost no speed in 1st gear, w/ the 1000RR i have lifted it a bunch of times, but noticed it takes a bit more to do so & also not nearly as early in the rpms as the 900RR did.

(i enjoy the 8000 rpm and up range - like a damn 2 stroke powerband on this new 1000RR if u ask me)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Please dont get the busa. It is so damn FUGLY!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Diggy said:
Whoever told you the 1000RR is wheelie pron is mistaken. The ZX10 is the one that has trouble keeping the front end down. I've put over 400 miles on my RR, and it has yet to even THINK about raising the front tire. Go with what you like though. The Busa, though ugly, is a damn comfortable bike, as is the ZX12.
no one i know has any problems keeping the front end down on their ZX-10R. and only a few have problems with headshake (it only gets crazy when riding full out).

I don't think any of the 04 literbikes have a problem with being "wheelie prone" they all have extremely well sorted chassis'.

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
If you're smooth on the throttle, my front comes up in first, but only a matter of inches. If you let off the gas a little & kind of whack the throttle open, the front will come right up, but you gotta be trying. Not that it's really safe to wheelie in the first place, but it's even less safe now, as it's harder to control with the HESD keeping the steering so stiff at speed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The thing that REALLY impressed me on my 1000RR was how fantastic it is just getting around the city at low speed. The best word to use is SOLID, both wheels are glued to the ground, and the bike takes care of itself. Allowing you to devote your full attention to the cages doing their best to take you out.

I just got back on a bike after a 2 year absence after riding a baby-blade (250R) around. The transition, even though it was a massive one, has been as smooth as could be. The bike just looks after me; it’s an absolute thrill to ride at speed or hopping from intersection to intersection.

I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Plus you are definitely going to save on tyres, I've heard stories of busa's going through rear tyres in under 1000km.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Sicdave...I see you've already made your decision...(the right one)...lol!!! But for what it's worth, while riding yesterday with my buddy on his R1, everytime we would come out of a corner and nail it, I remained securely planted, but he would rise up everytime. Afterwards, he said anytime he gets in high r's in the lower gears, it automatically comes up. You'll not have that problem with the CBR. Wheelies are fun, which the 1K is very capable of, but I admire this machine's stability...it's awesome!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just tried my first few wheelies. You definitly have to try. It is alittle hard for me to get used too! The TLS is so much easier to control and lift. The RR, I like to wheelie it over rises in the road. Lofted a 3rd gear on the gas over a rise in the road and it was great could have carries it forever. My problem with wheeling the RR is bringing it up. The bike just wants to drive forward and stay planted. So when I do try it accelerates to damn fast. But I only have 350 miles on it so guess I gotta get used to it yet!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not yet, there is no available sprocket as of yet... I just simply think the thing is too high geared. I like a bit more aggression at lower rpms, plus the slightly bigger sprocket will shorten the chain length just a bit. Better handling in the twisties.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.