Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SC59 abs I bought a set of wheels (used), and it turns out that the rear wheel was for ABS, and front was non-abs...

Has anyone rebuilt non-abs rims to fit abs models, if so, do you have a recipe

Are there any difference other then the mounting holes for the ABS plate/sensor?

·
A1 SuperMod!
957 Posts
There is no difference between FRONT wheel for ABS vs non-ABS. The difference is in the front rotor, because the ABS rotor has tapped holes for mounting the pulse ring.

You have the rear ABS wheel, which has tapped holes for mounting the rear pulse ring.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What is an SC 59? I’ve never gotten the hang of the model designations. What year is it? I have a non ABS 2018 that I can look at or take a picture of if it helps, but I’m thinking that is an earlier bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no difference between FRONT wheel for ABS vs non-ABS. The difference is in the front rotor, because the ABS rotor has tapped holes for mounting the pulse ring.

You have the rear ABS wheel, which has tapped holes for mounting the rear pulse ring.
Sorry, i did mean the tapped holes... can you easily tap out holes for the front wheel ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is an SC 59? I’ve never gotten the hang of the model designations. What year is it? I have a non ABS 2018 that I can look at or take a picture of if it helps, but I’m thinking that is an earlier bike.
sc59 is 2008 until 16(?), but i have a set of ABS wheels, but bought a new pair, where one was for abs and one was not...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts