will dom mine at 100, 300, 500, 1000
0-100 miles - 6rpm change oil
100-300 miles - 8rpm change
300-500 miles 10rpm
1000 miles spank it

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have 22 miles on mine and im going to do an oil change and filter change ... i did the hard breakin.. but one problem hahah none of the dealers around here has the oil filter for it yet! they insisted that it uses the generic oil filter 15410-mcj-000 and i kept telling them its different part number -003 eh whatever bunch of idiots if you ask me :x So im waiting for one of the local shop who ordered the right part so i can change my oil.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
mrdangle said:
i have 22 miles on mine and im going to do an oil change and filter change ... i did the hard breakin.. but one problem hahah none of the dealers around here has the oil filter for it yet! they insisted that it uses the generic oil filter 15410-mcj-000 and i kept telling them its different part number -003 eh whatever bunch of idiots if you ask me :x So im waiting for one of the local shop who ordered the right part so i can change my oil.
Though I don't doubt that there may be idiots working at the dealer, the -000 works fine. That's what almost everyone on here is using. It fits many of the late model Honda's (Even the Goldwing). They just changed the number this year, but the filter is the same.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Changed my oil @ 200. Was planning to go a little longer but the oil was kinda black. Not sure what you guys are seeing coming out of the bellypan but I thought that darkness on oil thats only seen 200 miles was a little abnormal. Didn't help that the oil was overfilled by about 1/4 qt.
Anybody else have trashed oil in their brand new motor?

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
Vale46 said:
Changed my oil @ 200. Was planning to go a little longer but the oil was kinda black. Not sure what you guys are seeing coming out of the bellypan but I thought that darkness on oil thats only seen 200 miles was a little abnormal. Didn't help that the oil was overfilled by about 1/4 qt.
Anybody else have trashed oil in their brand new motor?
You think that's wierd? Take that same oil out in the sunlight and stir it up some. Looks like liquid metallic paint. Kinda scary, but completely normal for a first oil change.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.